April 16, 2024, 05:27:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab 88 - saving a split as a snapshots standalone or midi control center  (Read 2560 times)

gsmbeats

Hi,

I just got a Keylab 88 recently and I am trying to create a split and save it as a snapshot. I want to send one side of the split on midi channel 1 and the other side of the split on midi channel 2. I use Ableton 9 and I would like to play the 2 different VSTs in separate tracks; for example a synth bass VST on the left and a tine piano on the right. This way I could record the midi from left and right hand separately.

I figured out how to make a split by 1. starting midi control center first, 2. clicking "sync", then 3. starting Ableton; I then set the VSTs to receive on their own midi channel. This way, I can make changes in midi control center which immediately sync to the keyboard, but I can't seem to save anything to the keyboard's internal memory.

I want to save the split on the keyboard as a snapshot so I don't need to run midi control center. For example, I want to be able to press snapshot #1 and it sends midi on all channels with no split; then press snapshot #2 and I get the split. This way I could use the keyboard standalone; with 5-pin midi and an external power supply without the USB cable.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong because I can't seem to save or recall the snapshots from the keyboard's internal memory as described above. The manual is not very clear on this and there are no examples

Please help.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines