April 20, 2024, 01:28:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problems with Beatstep Pro  (Read 62747 times)

k.rad

Re: Problems with Beatstep Pro
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2016, 01:54:32 pm »
Thats it.
Due to all the bugs & problems, but especially because of the problems with random held/stuck notes, i will sell my BSP units.

I will go for a Squarp pyramid Sequencer, as soon as i got the bucks.

Sorry Arturia, this took way too long for fixing your buggy BSP Firmware.
Itīs a shame, because i had a good feeling about the Design and Hardware.

sbDigisound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2016, 01:58:56 pm »
And I have at least temporarily abandoned my BSP for the same reasons.

I bought a BCR2000 with Zaquencer firmware and find it far more creative and infinity more reliable.

Zymos

« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2016, 03:48:14 pm »
Thats it.
Due to all the bugs & problems, but especially because of the problems with random held/stuck notes, i will sell my BSP units.

I will go for a Squarp pyramid Sequencer, as soon as i got the bucks.

Sorry Arturia, this took way too long for fixing your buggy BSP Firmware.
Itīs a shame, because i had a good feeling about the Design and Hardware.

When you sell it, are you going to inform the buyer that you think it is broken and buggy?
Seems kind of shitty to pass it off on someone else if that's your opinion of it....

k.rad

« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2016, 08:00:25 pm »
When you sell it, are you going to inform the buyer that you think it is broken and buggy?
Seems kind of shitty to pass it off on someone else if that's your opinion of it....

I never wanted to beta-test BSP units for free, so everyone has to make his own experiences with it.
I think i.e. modular people who use the CV-Outs of the BSP only, will have fun times with it.
But dare you using the Midi Out....
i have made my best to make people aware of possible issues here, everyone can read something about the pro & cons of the BSP on the forums, in reviews or even in ratings on onlinestores; before buying it. So, no reason to play the gooseberry here  :P

At least; Did Arturia cares about such things ??

sbDigisound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2016, 10:39:33 am »
Yep, MIDI Out - that is where all my BSP pain comes from.

It's too much grief to work round - for me.

joaoripper

« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2016, 03:48:46 pm »
New member here.

I had an old Yamaha RM1x that had a tight midi timming, I'm not expecting less from my next sequencer.

I'm willing to buy the BSP but before that I would like to see the mentioned midi "gremlings"/timming/sync issues solved.

So, Arturia team: Is there a timetable to launch the firmware with these issues solved? Obvious is the fact that I wil only buy it if the reviews show this to be fixed.

sbDigisound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2016, 03:52:01 pm »
New member here.

I had an old Yamaha RM1x that had a tight midi timming, I'm not expecting less from my next sequencer.

I'm willing to buy the BSP but before that I would like to see the mentioned midi "gremlings"/timming/sync issues solved.

So, Arturia team: Is there a timetable to launch the firmware with these issues solved? Obvious is the fact that I wil only buy it if the reviews show this to be fixed.

... I wish there were. I had Arturia acknowledge and open a ticket for the issue but here we still are. Dont hold your breath! I have owned my BSP for over 6 months and despite 3 firmware revs have now abandoned it for a Zaquencer.
Shame - nearly but not quite.

Zymos

« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2016, 01:43:10 am »
I have both the Zaquencer and BSP- they really are different from each other. To me, it's way easier to see what's going on with the BSP, I just don't have the same flow with the Zaq. But, it has some features missing from the BSP.
     I'm using the BSP pretty much exclusively with CV these days, and though I do have a MIDI to CV module, I'm using it for keyboard input. So, for my personal situation, it's harder to integrate the Zaquencer into my system.
    Both are great, but not really interchangable.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines