March 28, 2024, 11:41:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problems with Beatstep Pro  (Read 62480 times)

dm13

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Problems with Beatstep Pro
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2015, 02:16:58 pm »
Hi Valentin,

Yeah, this works. A bit counterintuitive, but I'll adapt.
Thank you!

Garak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2015, 07:20:15 pm »
Ok, live recording midi din beat step pro. With long notes.

What are the steps to do this successfully, why am I still getting hits and misses?

What will BSP do if two notes overlap momentarily in the live recording? It seems, it means the new note will not be recorded at all, where in all my other mono devices it will take over from the last note.

Can we turn off some features like cv, USB so that it will work more reliably? I'm primarily only using midi din sequencing and clock in/out, and din sync clock out.

Groakes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2015, 12:08:27 am »
When I clear a running sequence, I will sometimes get a hung note as a note off message hasn't been set. It would be great ti have an all notes off sent on the channel when you clear a sequence.

RSP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2015, 05:38:26 pm »
Since updating to firmware 1.2.0.6 when I start playback the first note of the pattern is dropped on the CV out (DIN MIDI output is OK). 

With regard to the stuck note problem, I have never had a stuck note at home, but when I took the same equipment to my practice space and set it up identically I had a lot of stuck note problems with DIN MIDI.  I wonder if it's a power issue of some kind, since the only major difference was that when I got stuck notes it was on the same circuit as a couple of high wattage tube amps.

nectarios

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2015, 10:55:26 am »
Updated to OS 10.10.5 so that I can use the MIDI Control Centre.
Things are actually worse...So...still loads of problems.
Most annoying, BSP freezes, it does so everyday and more than once. I have to switch off and on for it to work.

When recording MIDI notes in Logic X, using the BSP, it records double notes. There is a note layered on top of the one that I recorded, same length and velocity.

Clock out is not tight, even when using a negative delay off set patterns in order to make up for latency, the clock out is still not tight. This is also very annoying.

When using the BSP sequencer to record a pattern and trigger a step, I often get long notes that play over more than just the step I enabled and yes, the gate length is short.

I am on firmware 1.2.0.6 using OS 10.10.5

Anyone knows if there is a firmware update that addresses these issues?

The freezing and loose clock have started to become an issue now.

inkognico

« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2015, 01:54:19 pm »
Hi,
Here comes my list of errors and malfunctions of an otherwise marvellous piece of hardware.

First of all, I have updated the firmware to its latest version. Before, the BSP was simply unusable,
which is strange for a company that is known for complex software. Also, a bit annoying because
it seems unlikely, that those MAJOR errors were unobserved/unknown for the final product. Its like
selling a car with random gear changes, and ohh sorry, we just added two wheels, we thought you wouldn't notice..

Errors:
(1) occasional, beats are dropped despite Rnd/Prob set to 0 (esp. for the drum sequencer)
(2) when connected to Roland HD-1 Drum set via Midi (just for midi-thru), notes will be dropped
(3) project save seems to forget to save the midi channel for the drum sequencer
(4) strange error I got in the drum sequencer: suddenly, each step was active for 2 instruments  ???
and various other errors, like octaves are not saved, etc pp

Some day, after fixing the bugs, I would love to see at least one sequencer
to be truly polyphone.

So long

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2015, 06:40:44 am »
I've encounter the hung midi-note issue a couple of times, but not really recently until last night.  I was using patterns of long held notes that were each slid to the next note and found when I muted the sequence, the last note sounding would hang.  So I went through and set the gate time of the last step of the pattern to 99.  This silenced the hung note even though the sequence was muted.  I was happy to find a work around, but it does mean if I slide (or tie) an entire pattern, including the last note of the pattern, it'll always hang.  Unfortunate as I did want to slide the entire note loop including the last note into the first....
Is that fixable?
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

k.rad

« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2015, 09:16:31 am »
in EVERY session i using the BSP, held notes issue is happening repeatedly!
This will kill EVERY live situation, so if Arturia want BSP to be a Live Tool, this is a MAJOR bug!

Please fix this ASAP, Arturia

nectarios

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2015, 02:37:47 pm »
Downloaded latest MCC and Firmware a couple of weeks ago. Installed MCC first then update the firmware and after a few attempts it burned the new FW on the hardware.

Crashed only once so far but the clock (and gate triggers) are drifting still after a while. I've tested this on USB and MIDI to see if one works better.
I am not alone in this, facebook forum has other people reporting the same, along with one of your testers.

I understand the new features are a selling point, but what is the point of a step sequencer that does not do the most basic task, that is play on time?

Please, please, PLEASE fix the most important things that do not work as advertized before adding more things.

k.rad

« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2015, 09:42:19 pm »
Please, please, PLEASE fix the most important things that do not work as advertized before adding more things.

Absolutely!
New functions would be a great thing on a bug-free fundament.

- notes being held open issue-> Fixed
- rock solid clock
- edit-begin of pattern function

then we´re ready to go  :)

Lavamod

« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2015, 05:39:34 am »
Same here... Sad :'(.... Very  disappointed  :-[, PLEASE fix IT  >:(   

Or give me a way to refund this Beatstuck Pro.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 05:47:25 am by Lavamod »

rotten77

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2016, 08:23:50 am »
- notes being held open issue-> Fixed

So there is no "hanging/stuck notes bug" in latest firmware 1.3.0.23?

sbDigisound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2016, 09:27:03 am »
True - thankfully! I haven't heard any hangs since that firmware .

Main complaints are sloppy timing and the way sequences change direction immediately vrather than at the end.

I have found it difficult to be enthusiastic about this inherently buggy device.

turbo_kev

« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2016, 02:34:01 pm »
Hi you can change  the way sequences change direction in the MCC
1. straight away
2. wait till end

cheers
kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

sbDigisound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2016, 03:27:32 pm »
Hi you can change  the way sequences change direction in the MCC
1. straight away
2. wait till end

cheers
kev

Hi,

And thanks for this. Just hunted round MCC and dont see this option. Where can I find it please?

Thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines