April 19, 2024, 03:40:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problems with Beatstep Pro  (Read 62740 times)

elastic

• Apprentice
Re: Problems with Beatstep Pro
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2015, 12:10:31 pm »
Clear pattern isn't working on mine?

I'm getting the same problem with sequencing CV and gate - it plays for a bar or 2, then misses a couple of bars, then kicks back in again, its awful.

Ive cleared patterns before, but now when i do it, it clears the pattern, then i go to a pattern2, if i then go back to pattern 1 it is there still?!?!?!

Any ideas?
It's all about the music

markh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2015, 03:52:21 pm »
Clear pattern isn't working on mine?

I'm getting the same problem with sequencing CV and gate - it plays for a bar or 2, then misses a couple of bars, then kicks back in again, its awful.

Ive cleared patterns before, but now when i do it, it clears the pattern, then i go to a pattern2, if i then go back to pattern 1 it is there still?!?!?!

Any ideas?

You need to save the pattern once you have edited it, it does say this in the manual. I think it is even in bold print, so any changes you make need to be saved or you will lose them when you switch pattern.

Clem Snide

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2015, 10:20:01 pm »
Did OP get solution to clock sending far too fast? When I try to send clock to a volca it is far too quick. I have ensured the clock speed is set to 1 through MIDI Control Centre, but it's still incredibly fast (approx 500bpm)

RichMakeGame

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2015, 10:41:20 pm »
there's a couple things that might cause dodgy volca clocking:
- the clock signal is too hot for volcas, fix by attenuating the signal
- volcas work with 1 clock pulse for every 2 steps, so if you send 1:1 then it'll be double speed. a solution is to use a drum track with every other step lit

sbDigisound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2015, 11:23:54 am »
For the record....

I still have the same issue with the BSP occasionally not sending MIDI data via 5 pin DIN - most often this is missed note off's.
I have now tried 2 units and both exhibit the same basic flaw.
The CV / Gate & USB data is NOT affected so if you are using anything other than 5 pin DIN this wont be an issue.
Annoying. Hope it's a firmware issue.

(And yes, Probability & Randomness = 0)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:43:08 am by sbDigisound »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2015, 11:47:18 am »
Hi are you using midi leads or 5pin din leads as these are wired differently and to make sure your using clock out only for machines that use clock and use midi out for midi clock

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

sbDigisound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2015, 11:51:48 am »
Hi are you using midi leads or 5pin din leads as these are wired differently and to make sure your using clock out only for machines that use clock and use midi out for midi clock

Terrym

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried several 5 pin MIDI leads.
I am not certain what you mean about Clocking. The BSP is using Int sync and outputting Clock data on the same MIDI cable that is connecting to my hardware synths that are occasionally not receiving MIDI messages from the BSP.

Lu77

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2015, 02:51:49 pm »
Yeah there's definite dodginess. I'm using the three volcas by midi, using the quadra midi thru to send signal. The BSP is all over the place. Total mess.

RichMakeGame

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2015, 04:59:59 pm »
how does one volca with direct midi perform?

Lu77

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2015, 05:15:36 pm »
I'm not here to beta test for random community members. this is a finished product and should have a definitive solution.

sbDigisound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2015, 05:20:29 pm »
I don't have a Volca, but that's not the issue. Using any hardware synth directly connected by 5 pin MIDI and the fault (missing MIDI event messages) will occur.

With or without any intermediate thru box the 5 pin MIDI out drops event data on an occasional but very annoying basis. I tried 2 separate units, swapped cables and the problem always persists.

Link by CV/gate or USB MIDI the problem does not happen.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:22:02 pm by sbDigisound »

Zymos

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2015, 06:13:42 pm »
I'm not here to beta test for random community members. this is a finished product and should have a definitive solution.

Great attitude bro'- all the whining with no helpfulness towards anyone else.... :-\

Lu77

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2015, 06:25:04 pm »
A - I'm not whining. I'm trying to describe a very confusing and inconsistent problem. Including video documentation. That not helpful enough?

B - I'm not a beta tester. I paid money for this. I'm not pulling my studio apart while I'm sick  in bed to satisfy the curiosity of others who cant be bothered to test it themselves.

C- you assume my gender. Great attitude, bro.

Steinberger

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2015, 06:31:08 pm »
I've got MIDI Din out from BSP directly to MIDI Din in of Volca Beats and it works fine.

Zymos

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2015, 06:35:08 pm »
Gender is a useless societal construct, but sorry if I assumed anything about your sex organs by using the term "bro".
    Still think shooting down another user on a discussion forum for asking a simple question is a pretty shitty thing to do.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines