April 24, 2024, 05:59:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BeatStep Pro Feature Request Thread  (Read 80256 times)

Jinx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BeatStep Pro Feature Request Thread
« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2016, 12:26:58 pm »
+ 1 for shifting patterns left/right. This should be essential, like IT is on the X0xb0x. REALLY longing for this feature on bsp.

Is there a way to edit "slide" time when tieing notes?

syrupcore

« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2016, 11:05:59 pm »
+1 to shifting patterns, midi-channel-per-pad in the drum sequencer and on-board drum sequencer transpose.

Saving pattern chains.

Allow drum gates to be channels 9-16 instead of 1-8.

iOS version of MIDI Control Center.

Sysex dump and load (to a regular sequencer/midi recorder, not the MMC).

> An option to continue sending clock messages when the BSP is stopped.

Could you just mute the sequences or load a blank sequence?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2016, 09:44:23 am »
> An option to continue sending clock messages when the BSP is stopped.

Could you just mute the sequences or load a blank sequence?

Not a solution if you don't want every sequencer connected to the BSP to start when you hit it's play button.  Akai's "Wolf" range all disable local transport when they are synced via midi, so can't be silenced without stopping the master.
With the constant midi clock signal, you could hit start/play on the sequencer/drum machine you want to run without having to start the BSP then stop the sequencers you don't want running.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

paulshillito

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #168 on: March 12, 2016, 11:25:25 pm »
+1 for Ratching or dividing on a step

Shift the start of the sequence, just like you can set the last step if you could something like Shift/LST Step to then set the fist step would be great

And one more thing, could they upgrade to a proper full size USB port, I have already had to hard wire the USB cable in to mine because the connector on the board broke off completely. Those little USB connector are just not up the job for a portable device and i would imagine there will be a lot of Beatstep Pros out of warranty soon with broken connectors, they can be fixed but are a bad design in the first place.

jahasw

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2016, 11:31:09 am »
Wanted: a group edit function

the shift+encoder for setting relative/absolute parameter values for a sequence was greatly appreciated in firmware1.3.

However, would be very nice to have a sort of group edit function, that would allow to set values for a range of steps.
First idea for this came from the Cyklon sequencer, where you turn two value encoders simultaneously to set a linearily changing value for a range of steps.

How this could best work on BSP, well here's an idea:

-after activating group edit (maybe shift+some step button) select a step range similarily to activating several steps, i.e. pressing two step buttons simultaneously it make that the active range for edit functions.
-then you could turn any two encoders to change parameter startpoint and endpoint values and the values for selected range would then be set.

sweetdan

« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2016, 07:04:30 am »
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the ability to save different midi note and channel configurations for the drum sequencer pads per project would be helpful with compatibility with other gear.  It is an option for the Control Mode, so it would seem like an easy fix for a firmware update.

chrithaler

« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2016, 08:46:24 am »
+1 for individual Midi channels and cv gates for the 16 drum dracks

With the midi I could individually trigger up to 16 sequencers in evolver, blofeld, etc. and with the cv gates I could trigger or switch effects on and off!

jenz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2016, 05:32:37 pm »
Hi! I use the BSP with my modulars and I mostly record my drums in real time with the pads.
It would be great fill wise to have an arpegiator on the drum seq. It could bypass the ongoing sequence when played with the pads.Maybe it could work in conjuction with the roller/looper ribbon for the speed of the arpegiations?

Add triplets and sixteenth note triplets in the roller/looper divisions too...

dllmtsr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2016, 07:31:34 am »
The update that introduced the option of "wait for pattern to complete before switching to selected pattern" was really useful. It's usefulness could be further improved:

When having pressed a < or > button accidentally before having saved changes, it would be very cool if you'd have the opportunity to prevent dataloss by quickly switching back to the pattern that is still playing.

This shouln'd be hard to implement and would make lots of BSP users very happy  :-*

Old_School

« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2016, 03:41:07 am »
Would like to see an option to adjust velocity for either on beat or off beat notes per drum instrument. So for example a HiHat pattern.

CV_Wonder

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2016, 03:24:22 am »
24 tet microtonal CV scale output or usable firmware. Either one is fine with me, your choice Arturia.  :P

BaloErets

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2016, 03:31:58 am »
+1 For Nudge pattern left or right.  BSP needs this functionality.

Would really like an option where tied notes are treated as one note when editing.  For example, if I recorded live some notes longer than one step, and then went to adjust the pitch of one of the steps, then all of the tied notes would also have the pitch adjusted, instead of having to edit them one by one.

seabearho

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #177 on: July 17, 2016, 10:02:56 pm »
4. In addition to a "Last Step" function, also being able to assign a "First Step" which would rearrange the pattern.
+1 Being able to set the First and Last steps in order to work on a long sequence a section at a time would be especially useful.
IE Isolating steps 17-32 of a 64 step sequence.

von haulshoven

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #178 on: August 02, 2016, 07:42:28 am »
Hi all, just have a beatstep pro, nice sequencer mis a few things:

Skip step function.
Ratching.
Make the drum line also possible for a note line with transposing just as the other two.

thirdversionbeatstep

« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2016, 12:19:00 am »
*Pattern nudge left /right

*Vst editor for beatstep pro  (like keystep editor.. only seen it fast on Youtube but it looks like a vst editor?)

*More channels if possible

*1 Run without loop (like 4 patterns and after that stops, maybe there is a function like that already?)

*Step by step notes mode like keystep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines