April 20, 2024, 04:33:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Wurlitzer V crashes Cubase 5  (Read 2029 times)

xls

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Wurlitzer V crashes Cubase 5
« on: July 15, 2015, 01:43:20 am »
Hey guys n gals..

As it seems, I'm pretty good at finding bugs/errors somehow  ::)

So here's another one..
I've just noticed that Analog Lab/the Wurlitzer plug-in is crashing Cubase 5's projects on startup (at least on Win 7 x64) constantly..
Every time I try to open a specific project which contains at least one Wurlitzer preset, Cubase is crashing.

I'm not sure yet whether it's only this exact preset I'm using (it's the "Feelin Down" preset) or if it's related to the whole Wurlitzer plug-in (which I guess is more plausible).

I'll open up a support ticket soon and try around some more later, then I'll let you know what I've found out..

This is the error log:
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: mw32.dll, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4f704877
Ausnahmecode: 0x40000015
Fehleroffset: 0x000fe467
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x794
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d0be862885a3b2
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\PROGRA~2\STEINB~1\CUBASE~1\Cubase5.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Analog Lab\embedded\Wurlitzer V\resources\mw32.dll

As you can see from the log, it's the Wurlitzer plug-in causing Cubase5.exe to crash.

btw: a workaround for this is starting Cubase with the default/empty project, then load but DO NOT ACTIVATE the project using the Wurlitzer... Then you can simply drag and drop the tracks into the new project. This (at least) works until you quit/restart Cubase. But it's already really annoying when you have to drag and drop like 5 different tracks one by one into the new project.

Maybe someone encountered the same issue?

P.S.: I guess I should just get a newer DAW than Cubase 5, lol :D

EDIT: Arturia support answered my support ticket, saying they don't provide support/guarantee (full) compatibility for Cubase 5, instead they recommend using Cubase 7 or above (no LE/Lite versions/editions however)... in addition to that, they said that Cubase Elements 8 is considered a lite version too. Anyways, I'm going to download the demo of Cubase Elements 8 and see if it does work or if the issue persists. I'll let everyone know once I've tested...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:51:08 pm by xls »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines