March 29, 2024, 01:54:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Drum pad/track question. Different midi channels per pad?  (Read 18344 times)

koochey

• Beta-testers
    • Den Ishu
Re: Drum pad/track question. Different midi channels per pad?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 11:05:14 pm »
++++1 on the Volca clock and different midi channels on the drumpads !!
in addition it would be also great to change the knob midi channels and cc numbers in drum mode -
so we could control directly the volcas etc....
thanks xx

Steinberger

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 08:46:49 am »
Still wondering if this is ever going to get some love. Want to avoid spending $$$ on a MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus when Arturia could add a channel field to each drum pad in MCC telling the BSP to flip the bits in the outgoing note on message to go where I want it. Nick at Sonic State even suggested it in his review of the BSP just a week after the previous post here. What's it gonna take?

cryon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 11:17:38 am »
Still wondering if this is ever going to get some love. Want to avoid spending $$$ on a MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus when Arturia could add a channel field to each drum pad in MCC telling the BSP to flip the bits in the outgoing note on message to go where I want it. Nick at Sonic State even suggested it in his review of the BSP just a week after the previous post here. What's it gonna take?

Same here, just a heads up if this feature is coming or not would be great!

Steinberger

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 09:10:43 pm »
Just sending out a notice that later this week I'll be receiving a MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus to augment the functionality of the BSP Drum Sequencer and allow note to channel mapping. I have a setup like this using an iPad running MIDIFlow which is great at conditional routing like this but I want to take the iConnectAudio4+ and the iPad out of the equation for portability sake and reduce some latency.

The Plan:
Go straight out the MIDI Din of the BSP to a thru box that splits the signal to a Korg Volca Beats on one side and then to a MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus on the other before going to a Electribe 2.

The BSP Drum Sequencer will control the Volca Beats with pads 9-16 (upper row) and then 7&8 for the Agoggo and Crash. Pads 1-6 will correspond to parts 9-14 on the Electribe using unique MIDI notes not conflicting with the Volca and pads 7&8 that are mapped to the Agoggo and Crash for the Volca will also be mapped to the Electribe parts 15&16 for some extra possibilities. The event processor will look for and process note and velocity info only for those notes, only for one channel and only on the cable going to the Electribe. Volca Beats is business as usual; just inserting a thru box on its cable here.

This whole thing will allow playing of two of my favorite pieces of gear on the same drum sequencer as well as use parts 1-8 for other instruments on the Electribe as well as reduce latency and increase portability in absence of a solution from Arturia. I really love both sequencers on the Electribe and the BSP but I need to be able to sequence the Electribe from other gear and this is it for the foreseeable future.

I'll post a new thread in the FAQ section once I get the details and configuration ironed out.

cryon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 10:01:05 pm »
I'll post a new thread in the FAQ section once I get the details and configuration ironed out.

Sweet! Looking forward to it!

Steinberger

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 10:28:05 pm »
3rd Party Alternative has just been posted.

Topic: How-To: BeatStep Pro Drum Sequencer with Korg Electribe 2 and Volca Beats
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=85594.0

Come on Arturia, Nick Bat stated it quickly and simply on his Sonic State review. Totally understand bug fixes are a priority but Geez put it on the feature list for sure. This isn't the only application for it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:50:19 pm by Steinberger »

Godstalker

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2016, 01:36:10 pm »
.. I would just like to chime in here and say that the only thing holding me back from purchase at the moment is the ability to assign different midi channels on the drum pads so that different drums can come from different devices. Anyone know if this is in the firmware / Midi Control Center roadmap?

Cheers!

giovomal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 05:38:54 pm »
https://youtu.be/bJ2nC8aEMTA

http://www.retrokits.com/rk002/

very interesting!!
you have to understand if you can use a rk002 to connect Electribe Sampler 2 - slave (16 MIDI channels for 16 pads) to a Beatstep pro - master (single "midi channel 10" for all 16 pads)?

syrupcore

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2016, 12:41:33 pm »
Pretty please +1

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2016, 06:18:42 am »
I know it's not really why this thread exists, but I thought I'd mention here about the Future Retro Mondovox.  Fully sick chord splitter for monosynths (primarily) as well as being a very versatile midi router.  I have feeling you could split your drumtrack from your BSP to your Volca Beats/Electribe 2 and more!

Also, Yamaha RY30 will thru/out notes it receives for different instruments on a single channel via different channels depending on the individual routing you make for each instrument in the RY30.  Takes a good amount of time to map all the sounds but quite worth it, especially for multitimbre drumsynth triggering (not to mention the RY30 drum sounds are super versatile with resonant digital filters that are way ahead of their time).

MarkD
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

giovomal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 03:27:52 pm »
news on the possible implementation of MIDI channels for the drum sequencer pad??
come on Arturia would be a breakthrough!! :D

teknoid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2016, 11:51:22 am »
Hi,
For the Volcas Korg use their own clock sync which is not a standard. It probably be a future new feature. However you can try to set the clock in 1 step and change your drums' time division.
About the midi channel per pad on drums we will discuss to implement this feature as they are many demands.

17 months later: nothing changed.

just like with the microbrute sequencer midi sync bug: ('officially noted as bug, will probably get fixed in the future')
then came the microbrutes in 7 colors'
:(

gdouglas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2017, 07:25:49 pm »
I would like to add my voice to the desire for this feature to be implemented. I can understand it may not be easy to implement if the original software design didn't take multi-channel transport per device sequence into consideration. Given the hardware interface though, barring any technical restrictions for transmission, I can see this working quite gracefully on the BSP.

funktree

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2017, 08:54:06 pm »
Yes need the sync to Volca ... and ALSO various midi channels on the drum sequencer

Inquisitore

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2017, 11:43:36 pm »
Yes, the multiple midi channel could be perfect, also if someone like me would like to control both volca beats and volca sample as a giant drum machine :P

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines