March 28, 2024, 07:08:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep to Alesis SR16 ....HELP  (Read 4828 times)

Ruskin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Beatstep to Alesis SR16 ....HELP
« on: July 04, 2015, 09:23:00 pm »
Hi, I have beatstep connected to MIDI drummachine Alesis SR16. At the moment can't use MIDI controll editor software because I have Windows XP PC. Have set beatstep to ch 1 .  Alesis SR16  settings : MIDI : ch OMNI ; drm in on V1 ; drn out off; clock in off ; clock out off ; thru off ; prog change off ; note map normal.
   I change drum sets directly on Alesis ok ; Beatstep seq mode ok, pads & encoders work normal ok ; BUT in CNTL mode ,all encoders do nothing !!  what have I got wrong ?
     thanx

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Beatstep to Alesis SR16 ....HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 10:49:11 pm »
Hi,

What do you want (expect) them to do?

You may understand my question once I see your reply but I can tell you in advance that the MIDI Control Center may be the key to solve your issue. Having the Alesis SR16 MIDI Specification table is also a part of that, btw.

Ruskin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 11:55:31 pm »
Finaly been able to work with editor, In CNTL mode , been seeing what encoders can do , switching thru all cc numbers and nothing changes sound, even the big encoder does'nt do volume !! Im in working memory /default and no other changes....thanks for reply.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 01:13:37 am »
The MCC is used to configure the BeatStep as you need it to control (in your case) the Alesis SD16.

So, do you know what CC's is the Alesis expecting?

If no, try to find its MIDI Specification chart (maybe the user manual?) and see which CC's control what Alesis Parameter.

Then, use that information to configure the BeatStep's knobs with MCC, send that configuration to one of BeatStep's 16 memories.

Close the MCC app, connect the BeatStep to Alesis and if you used the correct CC's, each knob should be able to control an Alesis parameter.

Ruskin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 02:42:03 am »
ok, I'll do that ,but can't find midi spec of alesis in manual....thamks alot for help.  :)

Ruskin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 11:15:49 am »
thanks Koshdukai , I understand and have done what you say, I can't find which CC controls general volume of Alesis , trying to get encoder17 the big one to just do general volume in beatstep's control mode (everything seems ok in SEQ mode). Alesis manual in MIDI section only has :default note asigments (eg. Kick -036 -C1) ; and drumnote Map. I'll try to contact Alesis.... ???

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines