March 29, 2024, 03:09:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to get Spark2 VST to play midi drum-pattern file? (solved)  (Read 5776 times)

miaris

Hello!

I recently got Spark 2 vst/plugin and run it as an audio unit in Logic Pro 9 on my iMac with OSX Yosemite.
I love it and all the sounds sounds as perfect as they should.

I do have one small problem with it... and it goes like this:

1. I have a bunch of previous made songs (all midi) and also find midi files online that I want to upgrade the drum sounds with sounds from Spark2.
2. I load the projects in Logic Pro 9 and change the audio unit from whatever it was for the drums to Spark2.
3. I load the sounds I want in Spark2.
4. I hit play - and all i hear is the other midi tracks with other instruments and a factory sequence in Spark being played back.

It seems like the factory sequence in Spark2 plays instead of the original drum midi pattern...

I've asked Arturia Support, but so far their answers haven't helped me at all...  I just want Spark2 to play back the midi pattern that I've made.

Anyone here can tell me how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Mia
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 10:30:20 pm by miaris »

Rebecca@arturia

Re: How to get Spark2 VST to play midi drum-pattern file?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 07:55:42 pm »
Hi Miaris,

You can stop the preset pattern by selecting the Stop button on the upper right hand side of the screen.
Please note that the HOST button needs to be unselected or it will play everytime you press play.

If you're using a pattern that was written before you added the spark then most likely the MIDI cc's are off.  You can change them in the PREFS tab by going to the PREFS tab. 
In the Midi Import/Export section is a drop down menu called Choose Midi Drum Map Model for Pads
Select General Midi in this section and it should line up to the drum track.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 10:24:45 pm »
Hi, just want to add to rebbeca"s comment . turn off host if your midi drum tracks do not line up try setting up the pads to be on the same midi notes by using midi learn . right click or cmd click  on the pad then in logic find the note for each drum sound . i find different midi drum loops can be on different midi notes if there not general midi loops. or your old au drum plugs.

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

miaris

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 10:30:05 pm »
Problem solved! Thanks a lot guys :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines