March 28, 2024, 11:25:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New song with mostly Arturia/SEM-V synths as of June 23rd!  (Read 4305 times)

aaron aardvark

New song with mostly Arturia/SEM-V synths as of June 23rd!
« on: June 24, 2015, 08:10:59 am »
I put a new song in my music website called "The Mystery of Life": most of the synths are from Arturia.  All of the Arturia synths are SEM-V, except one Prophet-V synth. There is some electric guitar and electric bass too.  Please tell me how you like the song and how it can be improved.  Here is the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=224436&songID=13152946

(I have nothing to do with the Drake photo currently on my website, that is an ad)

Edit: "The Mystery of Life" hit #1 out of 189,300+ "Alternative" songs on soundclick.  Thank you Arturia!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:43:46 am by aaron aardvark »

Amalgamoth

Re: New song with mostly Arturia/SEM-V synths as of June 23rd!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 04:29:34 pm »
The Hanging Garden?

aaron aardvark

Re: New song with mostly Arturia/SEM-V synths as of June 23rd!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 07:27:15 pm »
If you are referring to The Cure's "Hanging Garden", I can see why you would mention that.  Even though The Cure is one of my favorite groups, "Hanging Garden" makes me feel uncomfortable due to its lyrics, which I find disturbing.  I like it instrumentally though.  While The Cure in general has sometimes been an influence in my music, I can't say I was directly influenced (on a conscious level) by "Hanging Garden" for my song "The Mystery of Life".  Perhaps on a subconscious level I was influenced.  The intro drum pattern came from toontrack, and I do like that drum pattern a lot.  I probably built that song on top of that toontrack drum pattern, which does sound similar to "Hanging Garden".  Thank you for listening and replying.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 07:56:01 pm by aaron aardvark »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines