April 19, 2024, 07:11:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 199 Days with nothing - Screwed?  (Read 1522 times)

joelhof

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
199 Days with nothing - Screwed?
« on: June 14, 2015, 09:19:03 am »
Purchased a Keylab 49 on Nov. 27, 2014. After sending the 3rd one back to the "US Support" on the 4th of April, I can't even get a response as to the status of my unit. The first one had major build quality issues with the buttons not even being square in their slots and the pads not working according to spec. Had to beat them to even get a response in MIDI. This one went back to the store where I got it. The second one was perfect except one of the pads had an issue and I paid almost $70 to ship to the west coast to the "US support" center. Right before I sent it, a key popped up, so it was good it went back for repair. At this point I should have kept that one, accepted that the pad was defective, and had a new key bed sent to me to repair on my own. I received a "new" one 15 business days later, and all was perfect except the volume encoder didn't work. Should have kept that one because everything else was as it should be. Would have accepted some sort of compensation like software upgrades or something but that wasn't offered to me and Arturia sent me a "free" shipping label at this point. So, I sent that one to the "US Support" center on the 4th of May. I've sent numerous e-mail ( once a week) to "Rebecca" and asked for the status of my unit, with no response. Are you people still in business? I have spent way to much money on this product with the initial purchase, the running to the store to replace the first unit, the $70 to ship the second unit and running to the UPS store, and running to the UPS store to ship the 3rd unit back. Thank God you paid for shipping on that one. I've also spent numerous hours dealing with tech support. My time is valuable to me just as your time is valuable to you. Not work time, but personal time. Think about that. Now it's been 41 days since I shipped it, and 32 days since I've even heard from anybody at Arturia, and I don't have anything except negative dollars and wasted time, and no keyboard for my "winter project" that I originally purchased this for. The last time I posted on this forum, Jerome saved me. Where are you buddy. My patience is running quite thin at this point. You guys have a kick ass product if you'd only take care of the quality issues and the service/support end. I can't blame support because they are probably inundated with calls, but at least "Rebecca" could have gotten back to me with a status or a "sorry, we're to screwed because of cheap Chinese manufacturing issues" in a 32 day period. Jerome, HELP ME PLEASE! And YES, it's been 199 days since I purchase this product. Sorry for the rant. Patience running thin.

Surprise!!! Got an e-mail today, Monday 6/15/2015, saying my replacement unit was shipped from the left coast on the 9th. It will be here tomorrow. Glad someone notified me as you need a signature to receive from UPS. Hmmm, do I call in sick tomorrow to wait for it? Should have been able to plan ahead, but ... Anyway, just like magic, when your patience finally is running out and you take to the forums you get a response. We shall see what unit number 4 is like. Wonder if my warranty starts over. One would think. It's been over half a year already. Warranty would be half gone ...

Update #3 - 6/17/15 - Just opened the shipping box for the "new" unit.

In short:
Came with no box, manual or cable. Keybed jammed to the left with the lowest C key rubbing. Inconsistent pressure to play keys. Sometimes plays, sometimes not. Previous units did not have this problem. Seems to be related to "zones" along the scale. Pitch wheel centered and straight, Mod wheel cocked and rubbing. All encoders and buttons off center with the buttons rubbing. Oop! Just found another prob. Octave up button broken. Scratch in paint on front and major scratches on bottom. When does it end? Am I being too picky to expect a working product that I paid for 6 months ago? Patience is gone.

Edit #4 - Inconsistent keys seems to have gone away with the exception of the lowest C key that is rubbing. It doesn't play at all unless I hit it hard. Then starts to work, kind of. Maybe had to go through a "break-in" period as I have been playing because I missed it so much. The new keybed works excellent otherwise with the later/updated/repaired keybed I'm assuming. This is all I have to play music with and I love it, if it would only work as it should. Other issues still a problem.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 12:57:43 pm by joelhof »
Dell T5500 - Dual X5670 Xeon Hex-Core Processors, 36 GB Ram, Xonar Sound Card, Utra-Wide Monitor
Windows 7, Linux Mint 18.3 - Dual Boot & VirtualBox (Yes, it does ...)
V Collection 4 & 5, Cantabile, Reaper, Ardour, asst'd VST's, huge fan of ZynAddSubFX, Hauptwerk & Arturia
Dual Arturia KeyLab 49's

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines