March 29, 2024, 10:48:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MBPATCHES.com - Formerly only for microbrute  (Read 7716 times)

yetee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MBPATCHES.com - Formerly only for microbrute
« on: June 05, 2015, 03:24:05 am »
Here is a site that I built over a year ago for the microbrute, but now with a minibrute patch editor as well.

http://mbpatches.com/

Hopefully you guys can get some use out of it! I do plan on implementing some stuff in the future:
  • Browsing - This is why I added categories to the mini patch maker (will be retroactively adding to microbrute).
  • User accounts - This does mean at some point all old patches will be archived sadly.
  • Editing.
  • Sound Cloud Integration - For uploading clips of the patch.
  • Styling overhaul
  • Mobile-friendly styling
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 03:29:23 am by yetee »

BodoBrute

Re: MBPATCHES.com - Formerly only for microbrute
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 10:26:11 pm »
Hi,

I think this is a great idea and can become a very, very valuable source and a center where users can swap ideas and patches. This is where I see the main strength of such an application - share stuff you like and get others in return. I mean, if I just want to use patches for myself I simply use the overlay sheets or take a picture :-).

So I just added a first patch (more will follow) and saved it ('Spacey & wah'), apparently successful. However, I couldn't quite figure out how to browse them (even couldn't retrieve the one I saved)?! So how do I do that?

Edit: Another thing - since the Minibrute provides both arpeggiator and sequencer even without buying a vanilla and an SE one each, it is probably a good idea to provide both variants in the patch editor. Just a suggestion :).

Thanks again for your efforts, it is really appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 03:31:15 pm by BodoBrute »

yetee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 07:55:15 am »
Currently the only way to access you patch would be to know the URL; the url for your patch is http://mbpatches.com/mini/?id=110
I am planning on adding the browsing feature really soon, it's actually pretty much done I just have been slammed with my regular work, so hang in there and it will be up soon.

BodoBrute

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 01:50:39 pm »
I am planning on adding the browsing feature really soon, it's actually pretty much done I just have been slammed with my regular work, so hang in there and it will be up soon.

Yeah, I agree - work consumes much too much time that we'd rather spend on being creative musicians  ;).

Anyway, I really didn't mean to be pushy  :), just gave it some thought and wanted to leave some constructive feedback. I was just curious, and you can expect some more patches from me once everything is up and running on your site!

As I said previously, I consider your site something that can become a really valuable resource!

Oh, and perhaps an edit function [1] for the text description would be good - as I just saw (yep, that's the one I uploaded) all word wrapping I had originally included was gone, making it more difficult to read. Some commas would already help ;).

[1] perhaps in connection with user accounts so only the one who created it and is logged in can change it

yetee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 06:25:45 am »
No worries, I didnt read it as pushy, all good! And about editing, that was actually part of user accounts before google discontinued their oauth api, so that all has to be rebuilt at some point  :-\

Synthetrix

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 01:02:18 am »
Here is a site that I built over a year ago for the microbrute, but now with a minibrute patch editor as well.

http://mbpatches.com/

Hopefully you guys can get some use out of it! I do plan on implementing some stuff in the future:
  • Browsing - This is why I added categories to the mini patch maker (will be retroactively adding to microbrute).
  • User accounts - This does mean at some point all old patches will be archived sadly.
  • Editing.
  • Sound Cloud Integration - For uploading clips of the patch.
  • Styling overhaul
  • Mobile-friendly styling

Very cool! Thanks for making this.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines