March 29, 2024, 09:31:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is the Ultrasaw function supposed to be the same as on the Minibrute?  (Read 2812 times)

Robbie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
If so, there's something wrong with my Micro. 

I only owned a Minibrute for a short time, but I distinctly remember the ultrasaw getting pretty chaotic at higher settings.  On the micro, even when turned fully clockwise, I get only a subtle phasing effect.

Also, I've had my micro for about a year, so I can't believe I never noticed it before, but the ENV Amt knob literally does absolutely nothing.

I'm trying to find my receipt to see if I'm still under warranty so I can get these things checked out.

Bacon

The Minibrute has a dedicated LFO that modulates the Ultrasaw rate, making it possible to get the chaotic sounds you're talking about. The same thing can be achieved on the Microbrute by patching the LFO to the Ultrasaw in the mod matrix.
ENV Amt controls the amount of envelope modulation sent to the Metalizer. You need to turn up the level of the triangle wave and add some Metalizer to hear the effect. Or you can use the mod matrix to route ENV to any other destination, and use the ENV Amt to control the amount of signal sent.

As always, this is all in the manual. Doesn't anyone read the manual?

Robbie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I never learned to read. 

The ultrasaw thing was definitely an "a-doy" moment for me, as I had gotten that straight before but just forgotten it.

As far as the ENV amt knob goes, if the knob is in the VCA section of the panel it would make sense that it would be normalled to the VCA, wouldn't it? 

Thanks for your help.

Bacon

Sorry if I came off as snarky.
And I agree, the ENV Amt knob is in a strange position. It would have made more sense to put it close to the mod matrix or something.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines