April 20, 2024, 05:15:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BeatStep Pro Sync with PO-12  (Read 18320 times)

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: BeatStep Pro Sync with PO-12
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 07:42:04 am »
Well it seems this beatstep pro is better on paper than in real life! I have terrible problems with it and my monotribe. Impossible to synch either...
Lol, there's still people trying to sync this toy with other gear? Hard time isn't it? ;D

No, not at all unless you are expecting this wonderful world of plug&play computer-based DAW virtual instrument behaviour out of your no-standard analogue control voltage protocols designed and implemented in 7 different manners.
If you are ontop of your game and are not expecting the world to do the hard work for you, it's not a real hassle.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Filterseducer

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 08:42:49 am »
Arturia say they are working hard to fix this.  Let's hope the Keystep means more progress on the BSP firmware.  They must share some code somewhere in relating to midi and dinsync.
Well, I read about people still trying to sync it just with their DAW's. No need to be on top on any game to plug an USB cable into a PC and expect some decent results.
Sounds like you're also waiting for someone to do the "hard work" for you. In the meanwhile keep trying, and if you still have a few time left, then play some music.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 03:04:07 am »
Arturia say they are working hard to fix this.  Let's hope the Keystep means more progress on the BSP firmware.  They must share some code somewhere in relating to midi and dinsync.
Well, I read about people still trying to sync it just with their DAW's. No need to be on top on any game to plug an USB cable into a PC and expect some decent results.
Sounds like you're also waiting for someone to do the "hard work" for you. In the meanwhile keep trying, and if you still have a few time left, then play some music.

Huh, what hardwork are you saying I'm shirking?  I've got my BSP running in sync with everything.  In cases where I've had an issue, I've either solved or worked around it.
So did you buy another BSP?  You said you sent your original back last year.....
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Filterseducer

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 10:13:18 pm »

So did you buy another BSP?  You said you sent your original back last year.....
lol

zenbob

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 10:20:41 am »
How I sync a Pocket Operator (PO-14). Using midi DIN from Beatstep Pro to a Volca Keys (via a midi switch). Stereo 1/8 inch cable from Volca Sync out to PO in. PO set for sync mode SY2. Syncs just fine for me.

Beatstep is providing clock for many synths, so now even the little Pocket Operator can play with the big boys  ;D

olaims

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 02:24:26 pm »
there is still no possibility to sync it without a fucking volca?

???

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 09:55:15 am »
Use a gate out into the PO and write sequence with every even step off for that gate out.

phrank

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2018, 05:03:00 pm »
does anybody have the perfect settings to sync a PO with BSP?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2018, 03:56:29 am »
does anybody have the perfect settings to sync a PO with BSP?

I recently tried to use my Keystep with my PO's and found they didn't sync perfectly when using the Korg Pulse setting.  I did some digging around the 'net and found that Keystep's snyc signal isn't hot enough to drive a PO without it dropping pulses.  I dunno if the Beatstep Pro has the same issue, but I'd not be surprised if that was the case.
My solution in then end was to stick a Volca in the way, which is how I was syncing my PO's in the first place.

My suggestion in the post above using gate does work, but unlike the Rhythm Wolf the PO's don't sound as cool when not running completely n-sync.

phrank

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2018, 06:55:12 pm »
hi guys, just in case if you haven’t got property working yet  my solution is using the drum trigger.

use one of the 1-8 drum or synth gates to trigger the PO.
just make a note on every second step.
so 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 and it’s in sync.

PO in SY2 sync mode.

Midi channel doesn’t matter.

i use one of the drum gates and mute the sound on my drum machine (usually the rim shot).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines