March 28, 2024, 04:22:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to input user scale in the MIDI Control Center  (Read 3230 times)

nrb___

How to input user scale in the MIDI Control Center
« on: May 28, 2015, 07:18:37 pm »
Hi all,

For the life of me I can't find any description in the manual of how to actually define the user scale in the control center. I see the panel in the control center, and it appears you should be able to drag the notes to input the scale like the sequence editor but I can't. The manual simply says that when the beatstep is synced with the control center, the user scale will automatically be uploaded to the device. Which is great. But how do you define the user scale?

Thanks!
Nick

nrb___

Re: How to input user scale in the MIDI Control Center
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 07:23:12 pm »
Is the only option to just allow or disallow the notes already provided in that "User Scale" panel? Like, I can't decide to have the scale start at C# for instance?

jsmirk

Re: How to input user scale in the MIDI Control Center
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 08:26:34 pm »
Hi all,

For the life of me I can't find any description in the manual of how to actually define the user scale in the control center. I see the panel in the control center, and it appears you should be able to drag the notes to input the scale like the sequence editor but I can't. The manual simply says that when the beatstep is synced with the control center, the user scale will automatically be uploaded to the device. Which is great. But how do you define the user scale?

Thanks!
Nick

You define the user scale in MIDIControlCenter application.  In the case of Beatstep, a scale merely describes the note relationships. This tells the beatstep how many semitones to go up or down while turning a knobs.  For example, I might set the User Scale to a simple "bass line scale" of 0-3-7 when writing in a minor key. As you transpose up or down from the root note of C, the note relationships stay intact.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines