April 20, 2024, 04:12:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Aux Pedal as a patch change (Not continuously changing)  (Read 1737 times)

movpe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Aux Pedal as a patch change (Not continuously changing)
« on: May 20, 2015, 07:32:58 am »
Hello! I want to use the aux pedal with a standard switch (cheap sustain pedal that I used with an usb/pedal interface from audiofront) as a patch change pedal.
Now I can't figure out how to use this aux pedal jack with that function because it changes patch in Reason 5 (as always) but it keeps going further and targeting the next track as a continuous message, so I must be always checking to press it just a tiny bit to not go further than the next sound (I use it with the remote "Target Next Track" override).
Is it possible to do that with that pedal jack? Or will I have to return to that poor USB/PEDAL interface that made me use another usb port?

Thanks in advance!

Emporio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Aux Pedal as a patch change (Not continuously changing)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 04:21:05 pm »
Hi Movpe,

You would be better using a host to control your midi messages to Reason.  I would suggest using Reason as a plug-in inside MainStage for example, then MainStage can easily translate your pedal switch input to a patch change, either momentary or continuously.

Regards,
Ant

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines