April 25, 2024, 07:15:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark inside a DAW beats Maschine inside a DAW  (Read 2792 times)

HubyBlake

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • hugmusic.net
Spark inside a DAW beats Maschine inside a DAW
« on: May 17, 2015, 03:43:12 am »
Spark does everything I wanted Maschine to do, but got frustrated trying to make happen.
-> Sometimes you just want to have the sounds up, and play it into the DAW, not into the Spark sequencer, and I love it that Spark "plays well with others" in that regard. So easy. Just turn off host, and hit record on the DAW, and play the pads for the whole song. Man... love it.

Professa G

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark inside a DAW beats Maschine inside a DAW
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 11:16:18 pm »
Dude I agree, im not much of a bandwagon fan boy but the Sparkle is alot easier to use than Maschine MK2 and plays way better with Logic. Of course theres alot of things it cant do Maschine can. Maschine is trying to be its own DAW for some reason, genius what Arturia did with this, Im suprised its not more popular. I will kep both, but probably wont be buying many Maschine expansions for a while!!!! a few things, and the manual is silent on this. like deep or advanced editing? Is there a separate manual besides the thin one online?

KungFuDaz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 07:39:10 pm »
I am amazed

Sparkle has been sat on my studio desk for months now after the initial faff around....
I loaded up Live today and for a change decided to load spark2 into a channel instead of maschine

Ok this is where it gets weird .....
after years of being a Maschine user this took me completely by surprise ...
I created a clip in live ....... hit record ..... and ... gasp ... hit some pads on the sparkle controller ......
Live ... RECORDED those pad hits and ..... wait for it ... played them back !!!!!
I didn't have to do any kind of menu diving ... routing or any of the clap trap that Maschine demands
it just worked !!!!

Who would have thought such basic functionality could make so much difference ..... I know what I will be using for my drums now !

HubyBlake

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • hugmusic.net
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 03:53:52 am »
I am amazed

Sparkle has been sat on my studio desk for months now after the initial faff around....
I loaded up Live today and for a change decided to load spark2 into a channel instead of maschine

Ok this is where it gets weird .....
after years of being a Maschine user this took me completely by surprise ...
I created a clip in live ....... hit record ..... and ... gasp ... hit some pads on the sparkle controller ......
Live ... RECORDED those pad hits and ..... wait for it ... played them back !!!!!
I didn't have to do any kind of menu diving ... routing or any of the clap trap that Maschine demands
it just worked !!!!

Who would have thought such basic functionality could make so much difference ..... I know what I will be using for my drums now !

Man, that's what I'm talking about. Fantastic. Wow.
I always wished Maschine would have done that, but noooo... Spark rocks.

HubyBlake

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • hugmusic.net
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 03:54:49 am »
Dude I agree, im not much of a bandwagon fan boy but the Sparkle is alot easier to use than Maschine MK2 and plays way better with Logic. Of course theres alot of things it cant do Maschine can. Maschine is trying to be its own DAW for some reason, genius what Arturia did with this, Im suprised its not more popular. I will kep both, but probably wont be buying many Maschine expansions for a while!!!! a few things, and the manual is silent on this. like deep or advanced editing? Is there a separate manual besides the thin one online?

:)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines