March 28, 2024, 05:36:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Dust Cover for the miniBrute  (Read 10119 times)

synthcat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Dust Cover for the miniBrute
« on: December 13, 2012, 06:32:28 pm »
Can anyone suggest a dust cover or something similar that will fit over the MB? I've been boxing back it back up every time I'm finished using it because I'm trying to keep it in as pristine condition as possible. Also, I've got 2 cats :P that love to walk alongside my equipment (not sure why, maybe THEY'RE synthcats too, lol). I really want to keep it connected on my desk but need something good to protect it with. Any suggestions?

THX

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: Dust Cover for the miniBrute
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 11:30:36 am »
always keep the machine on, set gate source to hold, filter resonance to max, and cutoff so that it self oscillates as high as possible, master volume very low.
I don't think the cats will even enter the room  ;D
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

kingnimrod

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 04:36:51 pm »
http://www.cover-it-audio.com/page/page/3328638.htm

I bought mine from here - fair price, decent quality, pretty quick turnaround. It won't save your Brute from spills but it does keep the dust off.

synthcat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 07:34:03 pm »
@ Bruno

LoL I agree its a good tactic, but this will only work on one of them. The other cat LOVES synths, any time I boot up any of my gear she runs over to enjoy...

@kingnimrod
But does it cover all of the knobs and sliders? From the photos it looks like the slip only covers the keys...

kingnimrod

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 03:39:42 pm »
the cover-it covers the whole Minibrute.

throttler

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 12:34:57 pm »
Maybe Arturia should make one and sell it :) I would buy it for sure!

MarctheDarc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 12:36:12 am »
Honestly i think all synths should come with atleast a dustcover, and preferebly a transport case of sorts as well. Both custom made for the synth. The dustcover is dirt-cheap to make and wouldn't be an issue to include. And the transport case might increase cost slightly, but the regular boxing and shipping stuff could be saved on then, since it would be better protected during shipping. Then as a customer you'd have a useful flightcase instead of a cardboardbox.
Seeing as you can buy cases from around 40€, it should be possible for companies like Arturia, Korg and all the others to include one for even less without losing money on it. Obviously they'd just use it as another place to earn more money. But imho there's money to be earned if you think about those little things that make the customers happier.
And sadly it can be tricky to source these things for synths like the MiniBrute because it has an atypical shape/size.

svmcwd

• https://steppenwolfvonmensch.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 03:43:27 am »
always keep the machine on, set gate source to hold, filter resonance to max, and cutoff so that it self oscillates as high as possible, master volume very low.
I don't think the cats will even enter the room  ;D

Although I had to laugh, it irritates me how Arturia doesn't seem to take the asking for a dust cover serious.
I don't have cats and I keep my gear running 24/7 so I can play right away any time i want to, but a matched dustcover for the minibrute which allows to be fit on without the possibility to change the knobs positions by accident is the least to ask for. Would that be so hard to offer just for the sake of keeping dust off the machine a little instead of not being able to keep it dust free because it would change all the parameters?!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:19:08 pm by svmcwd »
Veganism rules.

The01Habiitat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 12:00:51 am »
Arturia would probably make a dust cover, but because a dust cover couldn't possibly have any trouble shooting issues to neglect, its not worth their time. Or maybe their dust cover WOULD have so many issues, no one would buy one in fear that there would be no tech support for such a simple thing.

Bert

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 02:23:03 am »
Look at a rock case! Your MB will fit perfectly.

bigcatrik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 03:10:33 pm »
I'm using a hand towel.  The length is a little long but the width is perfect. 

gdumont

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 12:59:45 am »

Although I had to laugh, it irritates me how Arturia doesn't seem to take the asking for a dust cover serious.
I don't have cats and I keep my gear running 24/7 so I can play right away any time i want to, but a matched dustcover for the minibrute which allows to be fit on without the possibility to change the knobs positions by accident is the least to ask for. Would that be so hard to offer just for the sake of keeping dust off the machine a little instead of not being able to keep it dust free because it would change all the parameters?!

There is a good option now available from Decksaver: http://www.decksaver.com/covers/synthesizer-covers/minibrute-cover

BodoBrute

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 10:56:57 am »
I use covers like these (they are available in many different sizes) for my synths. My two small KORGs (microKORG and micro Sampler) share one ;).

And this Gator bag fits the MiniBrute so precisely that it's hard to believe it hasn't been tailored especially for that particular synth. It makes a perfect gigbag, and you can put the wall wart and cables into the small extra pouch on the front.

ozmic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 11:13:34 am »
I am surprised Arturia do not sell accessories.
Things like t-shirts, gig bags, hard cases, dust covers, mugs, etc.
Same with other companies.
I see Roland sell some but they are a little too expensive.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines