April 19, 2024, 04:03:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection synths. How do we use NRPN?  (Read 2100 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
V Collection synths. How do we use NRPN?
« on: April 26, 2015, 12:43:48 pm »
I post this here because there is no overarching forum for all the V Collection synths, and it would be senseless to post this same question in every individual instrument thread.
SO!! Using NRPN in these instruments. Wasn't sure what it was at first, so I read about it. It really sounds QUITE useful. It can give a greater resolution than MIDI alone for parameter tweaking. I know I sometimes hear stepping when tweaking parameters, and it can be annoying. I want smooth changes in tone and timbre, not stepping changes.
So it's very cool that the V Collection instruments can use NRPN values. The problem is that there is no indication anywhere of HOW to use these values. Sure, the manual says to either send NRPN values via MIDI to an assigned parameter, or to check "Use NRPN" and manually assign the values. That's fine and all, but what values do we send to which parameters? From what I understand from what I've read, each parameter would have its own specific values that need to be sent. First an MSB/LSB pair to indicate WHICH parameter is to be affected, then an MSB/LSB pair to define HOW that parameter is to be affected. I don't understand how to do this. What values to send. Wouldn't we need a MIDI map for this?
Sure would love some help understanding this! I've got a MiniLab, and can see in the MCC that I can, indeed, assign NRPN values to my knobs.
Thanks! 8)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:46:07 pm by artao »
This space left intentionally blank.

imwalker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: V Collection synths. How do we use NRPN?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 04:02:14 am »
I too had the same questions re NRPN. Looked it up, got the values for the particular knob and put in those parameter (low and high) but didn't work...would also appreciate some feedback on this..

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines