April 19, 2024, 01:06:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Question about sequencing the Microbrute with the TB-3  (Read 1845 times)

steun

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Question about sequencing the Microbrute with the TB-3
« on: April 25, 2015, 05:50:05 pm »
I'm able to sequence the Microbrute with the TB-3 as long as I don't put any slide anywhere.

When I put slide on a note, then the Microbrute stops playing notes. Is it possible that slide is a certain CC value which commands the microbrute to stop playing notes?

I have to restart the microbrute to fix this situation (or play around with the midi channel in the microbrute connection software)

I did some searching around, and when a slide is put in the tb3, the tb3 sends a "tie-note".

How can I solve this issue?

steun

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Question about sequencing the Microbrute with the TB-3
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 03:06:24 pm »
So the problem is that a slide on the tb3 is CC102. On the microbrute CC102 is used for midi receive channel change. No way to disable this functionality in the microbrute. So unless I get some kind of midi filter you can't use the tb3 with the microbrute.

dr8g0n

Re: Question about sequencing the Microbrute with the TB-3
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 11:31:55 am »
I'm running into this same problem. When I try to play the stock sequences from the TB-3, the Microbrute stops responding, a note gets stuck on, and I verified that the midi receive channel has changed, just as you explain.

There are a number of videos on youtube showing people running sequences from the TB3 to the Microbrute -- so I guess they are just avoiding slides? Or, might this have anything to do with the firmware version on the TB3?  Maybe those videos are using old firmware before the CC102 issue was implemented? The firmware 1.1 update notes do mention CC102 mapped to slide.

It's too bad this pairing doesn't work anymore.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines