March 19, 2024, 07:18:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Newbie trying to connect Minibrute to Korg SQ1  (Read 7878 times)

stevieo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Newbie trying to connect Minibrute to Korg SQ1
« on: April 22, 2015, 11:43:51 pm »
Howdy all,

I am a proud nooner of a new Minibrute (not SE), and I am hoping someone can advise me (or point me to some great web resources/books) on how to connect these two devices and get some simple sequencing going. I am not trying to connect anything to my Mac yet....

Any and all feedback/assistance is appreciated!

Regards,

steve

zedius

Re: Newbie trying to connect Minibrute to Korg SQ1
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 12:05:31 am »
I imagine the Sq-1 manual should cover this, but in the most basic sense just hook up your cv out and gate out from your sq-1 to your cv (pitch) in and gate in on your minibrute.

stevieo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 02:14:59 am »
Hi Zedius, and thanks for the response!

To be honest, the documentation  for the sq-1 is quite sparse for someone that is brand new to the whole adventure.

Can you recommend any good books or websites that might better explain how different pieces of equipment go together and what they do to/with the various signals?

Either way, thanks.

👍🏻

dog01

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 05:34:25 am »
Hi stevieo i think the easiest method would be midi out of sq1 into midi in of minibrute but i believe you could do gate out of sq1 and cv1 out into gate input of minibrute and cv1 into pitch to vco of the minibrute.

regards dog01   

BodoBrute

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 11:41:40 am »
To be honest, the documentation  for the sq-1 is quite sparse for someone that is brand new to the whole adventure.

Full ack. I have the SQ-1 as well and got to try it out for the first time just yesterday (bass lines from my DX21 - connected via MIDI, however) while playing live to it on some of my other synths (Minibrute, DX7IID, Microkorg and Korg Microsampler as a Mellotron, to be precise). Instant fun  :)!

Can you recommend any good books or websites that might better explain how different pieces of equipment go together and what they do to/with the various signals?

Check this link out, it gives some great starter advice for using the SQ-1 together with the Minibrute (in German language, however):

http://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/viewtopic.php?t=100628

And btw: If you neither want to use batteries for the SQ-1 nor connect it to your computer for USB powering, use a common USB wall wart (e.g. a cell phone loading device).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines