March 28, 2024, 09:34:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Velocity sensitivity please help!  (Read 6716 times)

wax recording studio

Velocity sensitivity please help!
« on: April 21, 2015, 01:13:12 pm »
Hey Guys,

I'm a pretty regular of the PV on stage and in studio - I had an original PV and it' sounds DAMN CLOSE!!!

I have struggled to understand the hybrid options allowing velocity sensitivity. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated  :) :) !!!

>>> I want the sound of the patch to be quieter (the softer I play) and louder (the harder I play) <<<

I seem to be able to do the opposite but not this, and not much documentation on the subject.

Attached is my attempted version of velocity /which is not really working see below )

Any ideas?

LBH

Re: Velocity sensitivity please help!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 10:34:02 pm »
In my opinion the velocity on Pro5's volumens don't work usefull when used at positive amounts.

From some factory preset's it seems like that's a bug, as some factory preset's try to use this feature, but it don't work. It must have been working at some time.

It work's for volumen parameters when amount's is set negative values. At -1 zero sound at hard velocity. But it don't work as it should accordingly at positive amounts values.

Arturia please fix this. Can't be hard to fix.

For the time beeing you can get velocity for volumen result for positive amounts for example this way:

Set velocity to control proVS AMPL ENV, and then
set AMPL ENV to control the Pro5 volumen.
Set amounts for both to +1.
Let for example velocity affect Pro5's cutoff too.

Also set a pure linier gate amp envelope for proVS unless you want that envelope to do something extra.

There could be much better velocity sensitivity in my opinion. But for the time beeing you can get it to very low to much higher volumen based on velocity this way.

Hope this can help you.

wax recording studio

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 12:57:57 am »
Thanks LBH for your help!  :D :D :D

Yes I tried this and it's definitely a step in the right direction as far as I could understand / feel and hear.
It's not that musical sounding & smooth feeling in terms of playing (for some reason - might be with the patch I have tried it with)
but I will spend more time adjusting it to get it right.

It's such a great start to a plug in I also wish arturia would correct these little flaws.

thank you for your suggestions anything else you think of feel free to send!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 04:50:37 am »
Glad it helped.

A funny one to try out is this:

Set velocity to control proVS AMPL ENV, and then
set AMPL ENV to control the Pro5 volumen.
Set amount for velocity to -1 and for AMPL ENV to +1. (The negative velocity amount get more depth, but all other settings but volumene will be affected negative if used.)

Try to experiment with different settings including for Cutoff.

Remember for both suggestions i have send to set the levels of the proVS amp env high (except the attack (1)) and together. The settings affect the sound.

Also remember that this is suggestions for setting velocity to pro5 sounds, so be sure you are not routing to proVS filter and that proVS sound is turned down to zero, so you only use the proVS amp env for the pro5 sound.
It's a bit tricky. But you can get a playing feel, even if it's not optimal at all.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines