April 19, 2024, 01:42:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Buying V-Collection, already own two pieces of the software. What'll happen?  (Read 2957 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Well, I'm gonna try posting this question here in the general forum, as I'm getting no response in the other forum where I asked.

Hi there.
Thank you SO MUCH for this incredible deal on the V-Collection. I expect I'll be purchasing it very soon; it's just too good a deal to pass up.
I'm wondering however. As I already own -- and have installed -- both Analog Lab and Mg Modular V, what will happen when I install the V-Collection?
Will I need to first completely uninstall both the pieces of software I already have? That's my assumption. And, of course, back up the sounds I've created beforehand, obviously.
But what about the licenses? I will then own two licenses each for both Analog Lab and Mg Modular V, correct? Can I then re-sell (or even just give away) the licenses for the "extras" that I'll then have? How would I go about that?
Also, the V-Collection will be on your new e-license system, so will I need to somehow remove the old system? If so, how?

Thanks in advance. I look forward to your (eventual) response.
This space left intentionally blank.

Amalgamoth

I had Analog Lab and the CS-80 before I bought the VC4. They are licensed under a different serial number and as a consequence I think I could un-license the separate plug-ins in order to re-sell them. You'll have to contact Arturia so they can disassociate your unit from the product, so that a new owner could apply the product license on max. 5 units. But you should remain able to forward the various codes needed for someone else to re-use the products.
If you look further on this forum, you can see how others handled this. Hope this will help?

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Bought!! How do I change the install location?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 01:32:58 am »
OK!
I just bought V Collection. Again, thanks for the insanely great deal on that!! :D
So downloading and installing now. ... Bit of an issue there tho. It appears that the only way to install this is to get this "WelcomeApp" installer, which DOES NOT allow me to change the install location. That rather irks me, as I have a very specific place where I keep all my VST instruments. In general, I do NOT install things on my OS drive. I like to keep that clean.
SO! How do I make this install someplace else? I'll go ahead and let install where it wants to, for now. .. Knowing that it'll take forever for anyone from Arturia to get back to me about this (SERIOUSLY guys. You need to improve your customer support. You make good product, but are REKNOWNED for your terrible customer support)
Eventually, when someone does get back to me about this, I'll uninstall the software and re-install it where I want it.
Also, it'd be REALLY nice if you offered a zip file with all the manuals, rather than making us download each manual individually. ;)

ben arturia

• Administrator
The WelcomeApp installer has a custom install option witch allow you to run each installer individually.
When running each installers you can choose where you want to install your VST.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:07:52 pm by ben arturia »
.......testing.......

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
The WelcomeApp installer has a custom install option witch allow you to run each installer individually.
When running each installers you can choose where you want to install your VST.

It does? I was not aware of that. That might be a good thing to note on that page, because by looking at it, I assumed that all it allowed me to do was choose which components to install. Clicking the "Next" button lead immediately to the download. There was no indication that I'd be able to change directories. So I ended up just doing the standard install.
Thanks for the quick response Ben! :D .... I'll try that (probably)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:10:45 pm by artao »

ben arturia

• Administrator
When you run custom install it will run each individual installer. Then you'll be able to choose your directory.
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines