April 25, 2024, 11:10:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Microbrute in Fl Studio. HELP PLEASE!!  (Read 6144 times)

jboyd5

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Microbrute in Fl Studio. HELP PLEASE!!
« on: April 08, 2015, 03:41:00 am »
Okay, so I am familiar with analog synths as VST's, but I bought a Microbrute two days ago. Ive gotten to the point in FL where I can play notes through VST's and samples. But I am trying to have my Microbrute play through FL, as in have the synths I make on the Microbrute play in FL.

I have the MIDI out open, but when I go on the MIDI out drop down menu > presets, there is no Microbrute option...Pretty much everything not involving Arturia.

What do I need to do guys? I am trying to be patient with this, but I have been messing with this for about two days now. Can't find anything on youtube or google to help me..
PLEASE!

losscom

Re: Microbrute in Fl Studio. HELP PLEASE!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 05:45:52 pm »
The MIDI out presets are meaningless for this. Those are just pre-programmed banks of synth/voice presets, which your Microbrute won't respond to anyway.

For starters, buy a legit copy of FL studio. It's worth it.

From there, make sure that you've set a MIDI port for your Microbrute in your FL Studio MIDI settings (MIDI Settings > Output Section > Select the Microbrute and choose "send master sync" and set a MIDI port). This port should be the same port you selected as the INPUT port in Microbrute software.

Then, in your MIDI Out instance, set the Channel to 1 and the Port (on the right hand side) to whatever port you set above.

That's all it should take. I've got mine set up this way and it works just fine. Of course, remember that audio is not transmitted over MIDI so you'll have to record the audio coming from your Microbrute through Edison.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:47:50 pm by losscom »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines