April 26, 2024, 08:46:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Microbrute in FL Studio. HELP PLEASE!!!  (Read 2901 times)

jboyd5

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Microbrute in FL Studio. HELP PLEASE!!!
« on: April 08, 2015, 03:30:34 am »
Okay, so I am familiar with analog synths as VST's, but I bought a Microbrute two days ago. Ive gotten to the point in FL where I can play notes through VST's and samples. But I am trying to have my Microbrute play through FL, as in have the synths I make on the Microbrute play in FL.

I have the MIDI out open, but when I go on the MIDI out drop down menu > presets, there is no Microbrute option...Pretty much everything not involving Arturia.

What do I need to do guys? I am trying to be patient with this, but I have been messing with this for about two days now. Can't find anything on youtube or google to help me..
PLEASE!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:41:45 am by jboyd5 »

jboyd5

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Microbrute in FL Studio. HELP PLEASE!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 04:13:18 am »
No one..?

Bacon

Re: Microbrute in FL Studio. HELP PLEASE!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 08:15:00 am »
This forum isn't one of the most active ones on the net so don't expect an answer within minutes after posting.
I've never used FL Studio, so I' don't know the specifics, but the general workflow should be the same for all DAWs:
  • Connect the synth via MIDI to your computer. In the Microbrute's case, both MIDI in and out are provided through the synth's USB port.
  • Make sure that the Microbrute's MIDI ports show up in your DAW's list of MIDI ports.
  • Connect an audio cable from the Line Out on your Microbrute to the Line In on your sound card.
  • Create a MIDI track (or clip, or item, or whatever it's called in your DAW). Make sure that thsi track records MIDI notes using the same MIDI channel that your Microbrute is set to (you can set the Microbrute's MIDI channel using the Microbrute Connect software).
  • On the track you created, record or enter the notes you want the Microbrute to play.
  • If you want to, record the audio output from the Microbrute on an audio track.
A quick Google search brought up this instruction for connecting MIDI equipment to FL Studio:
https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/app_wiz5.htm

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines