March 28, 2024, 11:33:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: does the rate save?  (Read 8276 times)

Burnart

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
does the rate save?
« on: April 07, 2015, 12:36:06 am »
Just mentioned in an other thread that I love my Origin module but I have one particular grievance - when I save a patch or a multi the global bpm rate is not saved along with it. This means I need to fiddle with a knob after selecting the patch which in a performance situation can be a pain in the butt. Can this be done? Is it supposed to be saved but there's a software bug?

BTW not many of my patches use sequencing or arpeggio but a number use delay or other aspects synced to the bpm rate. You do seem to be able to set an arpeggio rate - not sure if that is affecting the global bpm.

Burnart

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: does the rate save?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 02:52:09 am »
Hmm, after doing several previous searches came up with this:
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=3838.0

Sounds like it won't really do what I want. Bummer.

Philippe

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 11:15:46 am »
I haven't been reading the forum for a while so sorry for this very late answer  :-\

With the 1.4.1 firmware you can - almost - do what you wish to do. In the MIDI settings you can choose the option "Preset" for the "Global Synchro" parameter. When this option is selected, the current bpm will be saved in the preset and therefore it will be recalled when the preset is reloaded later.

Be cautious when using this BPM option as you may inadvertently save a "local" bpm in a program each time you save it. A much better implementation would have been to set this as a "Program" parameter.

Also I recently noticed that there is a bug when using this "Preset BPM" option while using a MULTI preset. It seems that  all slots are using the BPM from slot pgm1 ???

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:17:20 am by Philippe »
Origin Lead  Developer

Burnart

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 12:31:23 am »
Thanks for the response Philippe. I can see there are limitations on how the Origin handles effects and bpm in multis - as long as I know something is determined by slot 1 I can work with that.

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 06:18:10 pm »

Hi Burnart,

can you elaborate on "limitations on how the Origin handles effects and bpm in multis"? What are you trying to do?

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 07:15:39 pm »

Also I recently noticed that there is a bug when using this "Preset BPM" option while using a MULTI preset. It seems that  all slots are using the BPM from slot pgm1 ???

Hi Philippe,

I actually regard this as a feature rather than a bug  :)
I want all programs with sequences in a Multi to run at the same bpm speed to to stay in sync...and the pgm1 slot seems to make logical sense.

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 07:33:32 pm »

Hi Philippe,

I actually regard this as a feature rather than a bug  :)
I want all programs with sequences in a Multi to run at the same bpm speed to to stay in sync...and the pgm1 slot seems to make logical sense.

well, i see your point, but having a slot running at 60, another one AT 90 , another one at 120 or 160....etc you can achieve something nice too. actually, there should a case to tick  in any slot ("tick to be master bpm in this multi"). anyway, poor chance we'll see this bug/feature to be fixed...

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 01:05:30 am »

Wait - if you want the sequences in the programs in a Multi to run at independent speeds, isn't that what the sequence's "Sync" (On/Off) param is for? I just tested it, and if you turn Sync to off, then the Rate param changes to BPM (rather than 1/16, 1/8, etc.) and all sequences in the Multi run completely independently of each other.

If you do want to stay in sync but have the sequences run at double speed or triplets, you can set Sync to on, and use the "Rate" sequence param (1/16 or 1/16T or 1/8 or 1/8T, etc..)

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 08:41:14 pm »

Wait - if you want the sequences in the programs in a Multi to run at independent speeds, isn't that what the sequence's "Sync" (On/Off) param is for? I just tested it, and if you turn Sync to off, then the Rate param changes to BPM (rather than 1/16, 1/8, etc.) and all sequences in the Multi run completely independently of each other.

oh, nice!! thanx for pointing :-)

If you do want to stay in sync but have the sequences run at double speed or triplets, you can set Sync to on, and use the "Rate" sequence param (1/16 or 1/16T or 1/8 or 1/8T, etc..)

Yes i know about this, but you can always go further.

By the way, you are the master of the origin sequences (i mean it) :-)))

....life coming back in origin forum.... ;)

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 08:55:38 pm »
By the way, you are the master of the origin sequences (i mean it) :-)))

....life coming back in origin forum.... ;)

Thank you Richard!!  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines