April 25, 2024, 09:39:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is using a BeatStep with a Launchpad a good combination?  (Read 3887 times)

moreofmorris

Is using a BeatStep with a Launchpad a good combination?
« on: April 03, 2015, 10:48:33 pm »
Hey there.

I was curious if using a BeatStep (or Pro) would be a good idea with a Launchpad? In my mind, I can see that I would program sequences on the BeatStep and then I'd arm a channel with the Launchpad and record the notes from BeatStep into a clip. Then I can move on to the next clip and record a new sequence from BeatStep. Is that possible? What I mean is will BeatStep send it's sequenced notes to Live and I can actually record those MIDI notes back into Live?

Sorry if that sounds like a basic thing, but was just curious and want to make the right choice :)

Thanks, James

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Is using a BeatStep with a Launchpad a good combination?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 08:25:50 pm »
Hi . I'm using the beastep pro at the moment with live and you can record clips from the sequences I've made . infant i can record  2 sequences and a drum track at the same time .

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

djmental

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 03:15:59 pm »
I was curious if using a BeatStep (or Pro) would be a good idea with a Launchpad? In my mind, I can see that I would program sequences on the BeatStep and then I'd arm a channel with the Launchpad and record the notes from BeatStep into a clip. Then I can move on to the next clip and record a new sequence from BeatStep. Is that possible? What I mean is will BeatStep send it's sequenced notes to Live and I can actually record those MIDI notes back into Live?

James, you read my mind. That's one of the uses I want the Beatstep for.
The clip recording idea is great for overcoming the Beatstep limitation of having just one sequence.
I would record different patterns of in different clips.

Im currently using mono sequencer and although it is great for my use I would like to have a more
hands on workflow when changing pitch. Doing it with the mouse is extremely tedious.

The only thing that's keeping me from buying the Beatstep is the responsiveness of knobs.
Arturia hasn't solved this problem yet.

kriswilliams

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 09:11:54 pm »
whoops (posted in the wrong thread!)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:57:22 pm by kriswilliams »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines