March 28, 2024, 12:35:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Automation not recording when using Minilab Knobs  (Read 5257 times)

Nikjam

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Automation not recording when using Minilab Knobs
« on: April 03, 2015, 02:54:45 pm »
Hi,

Hi,

When using Minilab knobs to record automation in logic x, the automation is not recording to automation lanes. the knobs are changing the parameters of the sound (Filter cutoff ect) but the automation is not being written.

If i use the mouse to move the virtual Knobs on the screen the automation is written ok, just not when i use the Minilab controller.

Any help?

Thanks

Nic

memota

Re: Automation not recording when using Minilab Knobs
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 10:30:34 am »
Hi,

Hi,

When using Minilab knobs to record automation in logic x, the automation is not recording to automation lanes. the knobs are changing the parameters of the sound (Filter cutoff ect) but the automation is not being written.

If i use the mouse to move the virtual Knobs on the screen the automation is written ok, just not when i use the Minilab controller.

Any help?

Thanks

Nic

I get the same problem in Ableton Live 9. When I record automation with Analog Lab, it records the automation but then the automation doesn't play back. The back to automation button keeps activating.

Curiously, when I use the same patch through the dedicated synth plugin it works OK (using the mouse on the screen) - just not through the Analog Lab version. Help!

mirobbb

Re: Automation not recording when using Minilab Knobs
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 03:33:09 am »
I figure it out how to write automation using Arturia Minilab MIDI controller or any Controller.
This is the best way to sign a parameter to a control.
Don't ever use the MIDI Learn on the plugin or if you won't be able to write an automation if you want it.
If you use the MIDI Learn on the plugin, the automation will be written on the Arrange Track.

Follow theses steps:

1- Open the plugin  that you want  in the I/O or Insert

2- Hit on the keyboard "Command + K" or go to Preferences > Automation > Automation Quick Acesses OFF/ [ON] > then click in "Learn Message" to open the "CONTROLER ASSIGNMENTS".

3-On the Plugin, click with the mouse on any parameter that you want to control using MIDI Controller

4-On the Controller Assignments, click in "LEARN MODE. "(See that the color of the button will get a lil bit dark).

5-Now, touch the knob that you want to use to control the parameter.( *It even works with a key in the MIDI Controler.
**In the 2 columns on the left, you'll see Control and Parameter columns. When you do the 4th step, the parameter column will be filled with the name of the parameter. When you do the 5th step, you'll see a message "Learned" in the Control column. It indicates that the parameter is signed).

6- Then click again on the LEARN MODE button on the controller assignment to "turn off" the option or you'll sign others controler to a same parameter.

7-Hit "A" in the keyboard to open the Automation track, search for the parameter that you want to control and then hit the knob or pad that you choose just to check.

VOILA,  PROBLEM SOLVED FELLAS!!!!!!
 :D  :wink:

Now you can hit the "Record" button and write the automation from the MIDI Controler :)

HotTip: You can save the changes ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines