April 20, 2024, 09:42:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection - Searching for keyboard sounds  (Read 1832 times)

mrPhil27

V Collection - Searching for keyboard sounds
« on: April 03, 2015, 10:48:50 pm »
Hi all,

Keep in mind I'n not an analogue keyboard geek (as yet) Is there a list of what the sounds represent or a descrption?

I.e. if I want a Korg MS20 sound, how do I find it or something similar within the collection. There is so many sounds and keyboards to experiment with that unless you know a lot about them it seems i don't know quite where to start! Or a Gary Numan sound for instance whats the best way to go about it?

Cheers in advance of your replies and help I hope.

Phil

Amalgamoth

Re: V Collection - Searching for keyboard sounds
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 05:41:55 pm »
If you want a Korg MS20 sound, better check for a VST version on the...[cymbal crash] Korg website!
It's a bit weird to expect a Yamaha or a Mg to sound similar to a Korg, wouldn't you say?

As for 'a Gary Numan sound': It helps to know about all the various synths he has used during the last 35 years. Much has been written about it though. Check this link: (It mentions two Arturia plugins amongst many others).

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/428855-has-anyone-emulated-gary-numan-synth-sound-circa-1980-a.html

mrPhil27

Re: V Collection - Searching for keyboard sounds
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 05:30:59 pm »
Hi,

Cheers for the reply I was just using those as examples really but appreciate your thoughts and the link.

So, there is no list of the 1000's of sounds within this bundle that you know of then?

Cheers,

Phil

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines