March 28, 2024, 05:00:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequence upload technical question  (Read 3428 times)

mrdorianjames

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Sequence upload technical question
« on: March 31, 2015, 11:33:00 am »
Are the sequences uploaded via sysex or are they done through some other serial protocol?

mrdorianjames

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sequence upload technical question
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 03:52:32 am »
Using Midi monitor I found out it is uploaded via SYSEX.

here's what i got so far

here is more updated info
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KCuxIHyBvoPD3H89xJ7rWhuP1XAg4xTjB19Nn8le1rg
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 08:23:41 pm by mrdorianjames »

microdude

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 04:30:45 pm »
mrdorianjames,

inspired by your comment and your shared document, I reversed engineered all the SysEx implementation in the MicroBrute and created a Python application that provides all the functionality of the Microbrute Connection but the firmware upload and sequence reset.

My primary goal was to run it on Ubuntu so I don't  know how to run it on other OSs.

The application is available at https://github.com/dagargo/microdude. It provides a user interface and a connector to be used as a Python module to get and set messages to the MicroBrute. Also, due to the lack of official information I documented the SysEx implementation inside the project.

mrdorianjames

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 09:42:11 am »
I'm glad you got some use out of my document.  I've been working on a Max/msp program for it but it's been very long in the making. it's easy to get distracted with a synth sitting in front of you.  ;D.
I wish i could try your application but I've had problems on my mac switching between python 2 to python3 or else i would try to take a swing at porting it over to OSX.

I'm not sure if your the same person but someone else has done a python based solution. It's found: https://github.com/xijlwya/Microbrute-Sequence-Editor/blob/master/mbseqed.py

maybe you should pull your resources.

microdude

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 08:42:06 pm »
AFAIK, the project you mention is a sequence file editor while MicroDude is a replacement for the official software. So there is no overlapping.

If you try to make it work on OSX let me know.

Art1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 01:45:18 am »
Is it possible to send a SysEx to MicroBrute through the MIDI port? (not USB) I tried to upload a sequence using the SysEx information on this page, but nothing changed on MicroBrute. I used the classic MIDI port, so I don't know it MicroBrute accepts SysEx using this way.

Art1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 09:00:03 pm »
As I understood from this old discussion
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=5866.0
MicroBrute unfortunately doesn't receive any SysEx through the MIDI port, only through USB, but it could be included in a next firmware update. It seems strange to me, as I always saw MIDI ports as a primary way to send SysEx. But Arturia decided like this, and although there are some confirmed bugs in the firmware, they didn't do any firmware updates since 2013, so probably sending SysEx through MIDI won't be possible. It's really a shame, because it would be possible to change permanently any parameters without a computer.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines