March 29, 2024, 12:18:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Strange behaviour of Jupiter-8.  (Read 3535 times)

Amalgamoth

Strange behaviour of Jupiter-8.
« on: March 16, 2015, 08:26:00 am »
I'm having trouble when trying to use an imported sound bank in Jupiter-8 (the latter being part of my V Collection 4 bundle).
As soon as I try to pick a sound I get an error message about having to connect an e-licenser USB dongle (The message doesn't appear when selecting any other sound bank in the application). This is weird, because neither my Arturia software nor anything else is running with a USB dongle. The instruments are all synchronized with the company's software center, no dongle required at all, so what's that about? The sound bank is part of the Nepro Kid bundle, but the cause of the problem must be Arturia related.
Is anyone out there familiar with this issue and can someone tell me what am I supposed to do in order to get the sound library running?

Everything is well up-to-date. I'm using Yosemite on a Macbook pro and I've checked the Arturia Software Center for anything unusual. Nothing unusual to find. But another strange thing is that when using Garageband, J-8 won't load in the most recent version (10.0.3). It does in the previous one (6), while other V-collection synths can be loaded in both versions. Therefore I suspect there is something going on with the J-8 software, but I can't put my finger on what it is.

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Strange behaviour of Jupiter-8.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 09:55:22 am »
Hi Amalgamoth,

This is because the presets you are trying to load are encrypted by our previous protection system (elicenser)
As we get rid of this protection system you won't be able to load those presets.
Post them here and i'll remove protection.

More info :
http://www.arturia.com/faq/activationorregistration/encrypted-preset
.......testing.......

Amalgamoth

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 06:46:05 pm »
Just to be clear on this: The presets I'm trying to load are designed for Arturia, but not by Arturia.
I assume that the Kid Nepro sound bank for the Jupiter-8 worked normally on the 8V version, but now with the V2 version and the advent of the ASC there are these loading issues.
I will include an attachment with a screenshot of what I'm getting. Does this confirm what you said in your previous post?

And next the question remains: How can the J-8 V2 be recognized by Garageband 10? That is not a matter of presets of course.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:41:12 pm by Amalgamoth »

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 09:07:00 am »
This message confirm what i told you before.
The presets you're trying to load had been made with a elicenser protected version of the Jupiter. They should be decrypted in order to work with the current version of the Jupiter.
If you want you can send them to me and i'll decrypt them for you.

About your GarageBand problem :

Clear AudioUnit cache of GarageBand

The following instructions will reset the Audio Unit Cache causing Garageband to rescan the plugin.

Disable Audio Units in Garageband preferences
    - a warning is displayed, click "Continue"

Quit Garageband
    Delete the following files:

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache
~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/com.apple.audiounits.cache
~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/com.apple.audiounits.sandboxed.cache

Note: only 1 of these files might exist, delete all that you find. You will need to hold down Alt and select Go -> Library to view the User Library.
    Open Garageband
    Enable Audio Units in preferences

.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines