April 18, 2024, 03:05:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Suggestions for MMV 3 enhancement  (Read 6363 times)

Suggestions for MMV 3 enhancement
« on: November 08, 2004, 09:53:18 am »
After the fabulous offering from Arturia in the form of version 2 of the MMV I'd like to start the ball rolling on feedback to them for future enhancements...

I understand that Arturia are already working to fix the issue regarding patch change request from a midi input, otherwise this would be absolute top of my list.

Instead ...

I'd love to be able to feed external-in from a SONAR audio track without having to use the MMV as an effect but instead as a full midi controlled DXi instrument.

I'd like to suggest a trigger input for each vowel preset on the Formant filter.  Each vowel could then be selected from (for example) a step in the sequencer, and it would be much easier to program the filter to say "words" as the sequencer runs.

I'd like to be able to instantiate more than one copy of the Bode, Formant, and Ring Mod functions.  I'm curious that this limit exists.  Is there a problem other than CPU usage for these functions ? (example heavy use of buffer pool) ?

How about a "midi-sync" (as found on LFO's and sequencer) toggle for Chorus, Phaser, and TriggerDelay modules ?

Lastly into the realms of fantasy ... I find the cable metaphor so powerful that I sometimes think of cabling a VCO from one instance of the synth to a filter on a different instance of the synth.  I imagine that this would be a major architectural undertaking, but then again maybe it isn't.  Comment please Arturia.   If all the Arturia synths followed the architecture you could cable output from the new ARP 2600 through an MMV.

Anyway, that's my list so far.  Your turn.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines