April 27, 2024, 06:46:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: IWLT: Sequence modulation on MS-20 mini  (Read 2649 times)

brandonpturner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
IWLT: Sequence modulation on MS-20 mini
« on: March 02, 2015, 06:29:38 pm »
Hello everyone. I'm brand new to the forums and the Arturia community. I'v recently purchased a Beatstep and an MS-20. I would like to sequence the modulation on the MS-20 with the Beatstep.

I realize the control voltages between the two are not compatible, however as the Beatstep is V/Oct and the MS-20 is V/Hz. A friend told me I would need a MIDI to CV converter and Kenton would be a good option. The hardware I have consists of a MacBook Pro running Logic Pro X, a NI Komplete Audio interface, a Beatstep, and an MS-20 mini. If any of you can think of a way to make this work with those items, that'd be wonderful. If it just can't work, can you recommend an affordable MIDI-CV converter that doesn't go into a rack? Thank you!

Edit: I might just ed up getting an SQ-1 in addition if it can't be done without the purchase of something else.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:03:16 pm by brandonpturner »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: IWLT: Sequence modulation on MS-20 mini
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 11:09:58 pm »
Hi , Welcome to the forum , well you have a few choices 1. buy a midi to cv/hz converter 2. wait for beatstep pro which i think will have cv/hz on it . I start testing this tomorrow> and should be out in the next few months which would cost the same as a converter 3. sell the ms20 and buy the new ms20 desktop which has normal cv on it as well as hz. looking into buy one soon.

as to the cv converts you can't go wrong with a kenton kit ,i have used them for over 20 years now and they last.

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

brandonpturner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 05:44:56 pm »
Hi , Welcome to the forum , well you have a few choices 1. buy a midi to cv/hz converter 2. wait for beatstep pro which i think will have cv/hz on it . I start testing this tomorrow> and should be out in the next few months which would cost the same as a converter 3. sell the ms20 and buy the new ms20 desktop which has normal cv on it as well as hz. looking into buy one soon.

as to the cv converts you can't go wrong with a kenton kit ,i have used them for over 20 years now and they last.

regards

terrym

Awesome. Thank you so much for the response.

brandonpturner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 07:40:50 pm »
Any word on the Beatstep Pro? I don't think it ended up having CV/Hz. :/ Am I wrong?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 10:16:02 pm »
it has both ;)
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines