March 28, 2024, 07:03:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI CC mapping incorrect on display when using Bitwig Studio  (Read 2579 times)

SoundGoddess

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Breaking the 5th wall to travel faster-than-light!
    • Water Wraith
I bought the Keylab as part of the Producer Pack bundle which is how I ended up with Bitwig.

The mappings on the sliders and knobs don't match up with the numbers on the display panel of the keyboard.  The display panel works fine in Reaper. 

When I plug in the MIDI monitor in "Arturia Mode" (bank 2) the data I get is completely different than the keyboard display.
http://cescato.altervista.org/VST-MIDI%20Monitor.htm

For instance, the first knob's data stream is CC#74 0-127, but the display reads CC#35 61-67. 
Similarly, the first slider's data stream is CC#73, but the display reads CC#67.

None of the knobs or sliders have the correct CC#'s.

This wouldn't normally be a big deal, but some VSTs use CC#'s instead of MIDI Learn to map to the controller.  So it is very confusing to have the wrong information.

Everything works as expected in Reaper, so this is Bitwig specific.  Not sure if this is a Bitwig bug or a firmware issue.
Hardware: Keylab 49, MicroBrute, BeatStep, SparkLE, Spark

Software Synths: V-Collection 4 Update, SynthMaster, Massive, Hive, Serum, Enzyme

DAW: Bitwig Studio

SoundGoddess

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Water Wraith
Re: MIDI CC mapping incorrect on display when using Bitwig Studio
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 07:17:14 am »
I was able to go into the Bitwig controller code and fix this bug.  ;D  I'll be reporting it directly to Bitwig very soon, but if you want the fix now you can get it here!

Just place this file in the "resources/controllers/arturia" folder and you should be good to go.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 07:39:21 am by SoundGoddess »

Software Synths: V-Collection 4 Update, SynthMaster, Massive, Hive, Serum, Enzyme

SoundGoddess

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Water Wraith
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 06:10:16 pm »
Bitwig confirmed that they're sending the patch to their developers, so hopefully it will be included in 1.1.7.

maranite88

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 08:47:50 pm »
SoundGodess... do you perhaps have a midi reference guide for the keylab? I would like to integrate mine with Reaper, and would prefer not to reverse keylab.js from the bitwig code base. Can you send me something?

SoundGoddess

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Water Wraith
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 12:48:24 am »
When I tested the Keylab in Reaper it seemed like everything worked fine.  The issue I fixed was Bitwig-specific.

I'm using a free VST called MidiMonitor which dumps out the midi data so you can see what is being sent to the DAW.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines