April 23, 2024, 01:11:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MB audio in problems  (Read 2580 times)

walkwithlight

MB audio in problems
« on: February 28, 2015, 09:57:45 pm »
Hello hello,
New here and looking for some insight regarding the audio in function on my mini. No matter what I do I cannot get the machine to process an external signal. I am aware that it takes an increased volume level to regitar but I am sure that a SC Prelude with a fuzz pedal is of ample gain.
Thank you much

Chi

Re: MB audio in problems
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 11:28:34 pm »
Please don't feel insulted if i'm about to state the obvious - but you never know and its easy to overlook the simple things sometimes. something i'm all too guilty of doing! ;)

Have you made sure the Sustain and Release are all the way up on the AMP Envelope. Set the first two sliders (attack and decay) all the way down, and the last two (sus, rel) all up.

Check your Filter cut-off is fully open and resonance is down (bypass the filter)

Turn all OSCs down and only Audio slider up.

Make sure no LFO amp/filter action is happening.

Press and hold a key while the audio is being sent. (use the sequencer hold function and swith the sequencer/arp to play mode to aviod having to hold the key down)

Still nothing?

walkwithlight

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 12:16:03 am »
I want the obvious, thank you so much!  I have been operating with what you stated except for the AMP envelope. I'll give it a try. Thank you for the help

Chi

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 02:10:24 am »
No worries, fingers crossed that should be the one  ;)

ericcoleridge

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 04:15:28 am »
I have the same issue with mine, it's been very difficult or impossible to trigger the envelopes with external audio-- it seems that no level of volume is sufficient. I've tried both level settings from the software control panel. I guess its possible that the envelopes need to be set in some specific way that I haven't figured out yet. Theres a lot to love about this little synth, but it definitely has some peculiarities.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines