March 28, 2024, 09:53:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Where are Spark 2 updates?  (Read 29951 times)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: Where are Spark 2 updates?
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2016, 11:30:59 pm »
Why was the jog wheel functionality removed? What I read about it in the (now rather outdated) manual, and several functions no longer exist; such as pressing down and scrolling the wheel to choose between project/kit/instrument/disk browsing, or using the wheel with tune mode, to change the range of the tuning, has been removed in "favor" of using the << and >> .... much slower workflow.

I look forward to the next update.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 04:41:10 pm by artao »
This space left intentionally blank.

mixalis

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2016, 01:18:49 pm »
Come on Arturia....Improve the basic stuff for workflow and basic improvements that are written all over the forum!   Bravo for the bug fixes last year but there are still some easy fixes that need to happen...

I have seen that you guys updated most of the products this month...Should we wait for a Spark update too??

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2016, 04:42:38 pm »
I have seen that you guys updated most of the products this month...Should we wait for a Spark update too??

They did?  :o
I've been anxiously checking Arturia Software Center daily, waiting for the impending updates on their V-Synths. Nothing yet here.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2016, 04:52:09 pm »
Hi yes new updates coming for all plugins including new ones .spark will be updated soon. so Arturia tell me.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

mixalis

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2016, 01:08:41 pm »
GREAT NEWS....... thank you!

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2016, 07:52:39 pm »
Hi yes new updates coming for all plugins including new ones .spark will be updated soon. so Arturia tell me.

Terrym

.... and now the dreaded question: Got any sort of timeline? even vague? .... the video I saw with the "unveiling" of the updated Mini V seemed to indicate they'd be out within a couple months .. so by June or so?  8)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2016, 08:14:22 pm »
I Cant say but testing is almost over for all plugins. except spark!

Terrym
TerryM

mixalis

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2016, 10:01:33 am »
Can you tell us what to expect? Any workflow improvements?
  Fingers crossed they added screen feedback in all pages, note feedback in tune mode!
I want to be confident that the more simple issues will. Be gone

Cheers

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2016, 08:31:08 pm »
Just to confirm spark has not been updated yet!

Terrym
TerryM

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2016, 09:23:21 pm »
I Cant say but testing is almost over for all plugins. except spark!

Terrym

Awesome. Thanks. :)

Just to confirm spark has not been updated yet!

Terrym

So do you think things we talk about here still have potential of being addressed when Spark is updated? That would be awesome. I was thinking it was too late in the process for them to look at things. ... Spark is awesome, but certainly needs some work. .. I've considered installing the old version that came with my CDM, since it seems to have some useful features lacking in Spark2

Anyhow, thanks for the news Terrym. Good to hear there's progress.  8)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2016, 07:57:17 am »
One more thing that you should look out now that the update is close, is that every time i create a new project Spark creates a new copy of the instruments i choose to use in my project, even if i dont say so!

I end up having many instruments exacly the same with different numbers at the end 1, 2 ,3

Thank you

This SERIOUSLY need to be addressed. My Instruments tab is filling up with useless copies, and is now hard to browse. I've got more copies of instruments in there than actual instruments I've created!!! It's ridiculous.
Just because I've loaded a kit into a new project and tweaked a few settings on the instruments of that kit, within the project, does NOT mean I want these saved as new instruments. HECK!! Even if I DON'T tweak any of the instruments, Spark STILL insists on saving a new copy of the instrument. COME ON!!!
My Instruments tab is a mess, and now difficult to browse for what I'm ACTUALLY looking for.
I've deleted projects I don't care about, so yeah, THOSE instruments are gone. But with every new project I start, more and more useless copies of pre-existing instruments get added.

Also, after this recent update to V5 with the instruments, I fear that Arturia is going to charge us for an update to Spark2. :\ .... this ON TOP OF paying to update the V4 instruments would be intolerable ... I'll just quote Q-Bert, who said, "*#$%&@(!"
All I'm sayin is that they damn well better not!! There's some serious outstanding bugs and issues (such as what I just mentioned) that need to be addressed here, for current owners of the software, WITHOUT having to pay for the much-needed and long-awaited fixes. I don't care if Arturia has had to re-code Spark from the ground up to address the outstanding issues in Spark2. They can make their money off new users, not those of us who have been waiting forever for updates and bug fixes. ... like, the Modular screen. Great potential, but every freakin time you switch away from that screen and go back, it has re-arranged all your items into a gobbledy-gook mess again. The sampler can .. well ... load and play samples on several layers, but that's about it. We can't adjust the velocities to trigger different samples, we can't actually drag-n-drop samples into the sampler, we can't even preview any of the samples in any given sample slot.

For the most part, Spark2 with my CDM controller is fricken awesome. I pretty much don't use any other drum tools anymore -- except to make new samples to load into Spark2. There's some nasty issues tho. No show-stoppers, but still, we deserve to have them fixed, and Arturia has kept saying, "Updates are coming," for a long long time now.

SO!! What's the word here? And please, be honest; don't pour salt in my coffee and tell me it's sugar.

jeffikovski

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2016, 01:27:35 pm »
I think they will fix some issues, if we are lucky may be they implement some workflow improvments and then charge us for an update/upgrade the way they did with V-Colletion 4 users.
The most frustrating thing is that Spark 2 since it's release was never really bugfree. And it's sill not.
Hey Arturia!!!! Have a decency to fix everything first and then charge for some new features !!!!!
You know like Steinberg's Cubase. They release Cubase 8.5, an update you have to pay for.
But for users of Cubase 8.0 they release an update which fixes the bugs, which are adressed in 8.5 without new features
That's fair.
To charge for new WORKING and bugfree features (new WORKING sampler, new WORKING modular environment, new WORKING preset management system) is fair.
 To charge for obvious bugfixes (you know, things simply working as intended), which were simply never adressed since software release is not fair.   

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2016, 05:24:30 am »
Just watched an interview with Glen Darcey of Arturia, by Flux302 of Fluxwithit.com, on youtube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A4k34haEIc )
Spark is getting worked on. They just didn't have enough time or workforce to do it for V Collection 5. There was no mention if Spark is being dropped from V Collection and made into a separate product tho.
I didn't realize that Arturia only consists of like 30 people :O .. ... I for one could cut 'em some more slack then, considering all they've got going on between hardware and software. They're juggling a lot of balls. ;)

mixalis

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2016, 04:39:18 pm »
I really cant wait to see what they are going to do with Spark.....If anyone has any info about the update please post...... :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines