April 18, 2024, 10:48:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is there any way to record x/y pad filter swipes or roller effects to the DAW?  (Read 4438 times)

SoundGoddess

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Breaking the 5th wall to travel faster-than-light!
    • Water Wraith
It would be great if there was a way to loop a pattern in the daw and then record automation data to apply filter swipes or roller effects.  But there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. 

If I wanted to do a build, I guess I'd need to copy the pattern, hit record and apply a roller effect, copy to another pattern and record a faster roller effect, and then export the original and two copies into my mix, or something along those lines.  Is there an easier way to do this?
Hardware: Keylab 49, MicroBrute, BeatStep, SparkLE, Spark

Software Synths: V-Collection 4 Update, SynthMaster, Massive, Hive, Serum, Enzyme

DAW: Bitwig Studio

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Hi ,at the moment its not possible to automate the fx pad but what i do is record the audio with the live roller and do a few takes on different lanes then edit the best bits.

I'm hoping to get a new version soon so may be it will be possible in the future.

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

stuey

• Spark Moderator
You can record automation from the X-Y Pad, although it's a bit tricksy and it does depend what DAW, Plug in you have and what X-Y parameters you want recorded. I have managed to do it but as it doesn't map to anything useful (In Pro Tools) so you do have to spend a bit of time working out what controller does what.

The other way is as Terry says, record it in live and comp. Frankly this is far less troublesome than midi.   

If I get some time I'll run through it and let you know how it's done.

Hope that helps

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

SoundGoddess

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Breaking the 5th wall to travel faster-than-light!
    • Water Wraith
It was a pain to set up, but I got the VB-Audio Virtual Cable working as the output device in the Spark standalone application via ASIO, and then have my DAWs set up to record from the virtual cable also through ASIO. 

So now I can start recording on the DAW, then jam out with the controller using Spark standalone, and it records everything directly to waveform.
Hardware: Keylab 49, MicroBrute, BeatStep, SparkLE, Spark

Software Synths: V-Collection 4 Update, SynthMaster, Massive, Hive, Serum, Enzyme

DAW: Bitwig Studio

Dugrok

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hello,

Sorry to necro an old thread, but I'm wondering if there's a way to do this from the plugin within my DAW.

I've found a way to record or automate filter cutoff (sweeps) on individual instruments, but not on entire patterns. I suppose I could manually write in the sweeps for each instrument, but that seems like a lot of work.

Any ideas?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines