March 28, 2024, 04:10:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: pads send more than 1 note  (Read 1916 times)

djwaxxy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
pads send more than 1 note
« on: February 20, 2015, 05:42:13 pm »
im trying to use the pads within Cubase but they don't work properly ..with each hit its sending and recording multiple notes too that pad varying with how much velocity you hit the pads at if I hit them softly were im hardly touching them it records 1 or two notes but if I hit them at normal power it records many many notes so I then have to open the midi data ive just done and delete the multiple hits .

hope someone can help thanks

Jerome Arturia

• Administrator
Re: pads send more than 1 note
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 03:50:15 pm »
Hi djwaxxy,

In fact, pads play chords by default.
Does the issue happen with all the pads?
Did you check the MIDI Control Center? What does it say?

Malfunkt

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 03:19:11 am »
I am having this problem as well. Not sure if this a mechanical issue, but it may be software related.

I have noticed this behaviour using Propellerheads' Reason, but in scanning the MIDI data via Midi Control Center I can see that the note information is being sent rapidly multiple times.

I have a Maschine, and I'm just not used to this behaviour.Modifying your technique slightly can lessen the behaviour. You almost have to let you fingers stick to keep the release of the notes. On light touches or brushes of the pads, it is very noticeable.

Aside from this major problem, I am enjoying the Arturia, but it requires some very specific in-depth know how to make it work with your programs. But this can be said for many MIDI controllers.

Anyhow, does anyone have a solution for these random double notes that are coming from the pads? Please let me know.

This issue pretty much just kills using the Keylab for drums. How is this not a major issue?

Keylab 47 Version 1.33 firmware
Mac OS X Yosemite MacBook Retina 2012

Update: well I tried reinstalling the firmware and still had this issue. I returned the unit to the store I purchased it at and we even tried a floor model and found it had the same behaviour. Quite sad to see it go, as otherwise I really liked the form factor, I thought the keybed was fine, knobs and sliders were good too. But it wasn't 100%. I may give Arturia another chance in the future, as the concepts were good. I was also quite happy with the quality of Analog Lab, but won't be exploring that now either.

I'd be still interested to hear how widespread this issue is. It seems other Arturia instruments are being affected by this such as the Beatstep. But i haven't seen too many posts about this.. is it just rare? or is it under reported?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:38:16 am by Malfunkt »

spooky

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 06:35:11 pm »
Hi ,
unfortunately I have got the same issue here on my brandnew Keylab 61 (white).

Dear Arturia support , will there any new fix available ?
Reading so many similar posts in this forum, for me it seems to be a common problem of your devices ?
Sorry, I really like the design of this instrument , but thinking about giving it back to the store,
because for me itīs simply unreliable and so useless in this case.
Regards

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines