March 28, 2024, 10:22:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I still can't get Spark 2 installed via ASC.  (Read 2668 times)

Fortissimo!

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I still can't get Spark 2 installed via ASC.
« on: February 15, 2015, 09:54:23 pm »
Problem happens the same on two separate Windows 8.1 computers, and has been this way since last year.

Product shows "install" button in the ASC, and when I press it, it goes through the install dialogs, but never REALLY gets installed.  ASC still shows "install" button and no indication that install was successful.

I opened a case last year but was told something about Spark EDM which did nothing but confuse me.

I own the SPARK 2 that comes with the V collection 4, called "SPARK 2" in the ASC.  If EDM comes with V collection 4, then that is the one I have.  If not, then no I don't have EDM.   Spark 2 still says "install" in ASC, and all of the other V Collection 4 products say "up to date".

Once again, this happens on TWO DIFFERENT COMPUTERS each running the most current version of Windows 8.1, fully updated.

JB ARTURIA

• Tech-Support
  • Apprentice
Re: I still can't get Spark 2 installed via ASC.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 08:39:53 am »
Hi Fortissimo.

Did you use a custom file path when installing Spark ? And did you install the AAX ?

Thanks,

tekno808

• D&G Records
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 04:37:14 pm »
Hi,

Same problem here but on Windows 7 Home 64bit , Product shows "install" button in the ASC after i have installed Spark , i did use a custom install path.
I own V-Collection 4 , everything is installed on a custom path eg Drive E: and ok , it's only Spark that shows "install" button in the ASC after i have installed Spark ????

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:41:15 pm by tekno808 »
Cubase 8,RME RayDAT,2x SC A16 Ultra AD/DA Converter.PowerCore 6000+UAD2-Quad,Mackie Control+Extender.ASUS P5WDH,CPU Q6600@3ghz,4GB ram,4Display's.Win 7 64bit.

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 02:00:32 pm »
Hey guys, it definitely has something to do with the custom installation path and the ASC.

Are you able to fully use Spark 2 anyway ? Or does it ask for activation every time you launch it ? 

I am trying to understand whether this is also causing an activation problem or is just that the ASC think it is not installed yet.

Cheers

tekno808

• D&G Records
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 06:03:02 pm »
Hi,

I think it has to do with the custom installation path and the ASC.
I can use it but the ASC still shows not installed !

Danny.
Cubase 8,RME RayDAT,2x SC A16 Ultra AD/DA Converter.PowerCore 6000+UAD2-Quad,Mackie Control+Extender.ASUS P5WDH,CPU Q6600@3ghz,4GB ram,4Display's.Win 7 64bit.

Fortissimo!

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 08:54:38 pm »
I too am using a custom install path.  All programs and VSTs go someplace OTHER than my C partition, usually onto F:, and big libraries go to K: or L: which are large SSD partitions.

I was able to open it up on my laptop but since the install did not go perfectly (aforementioned ASC still showing "Install" button), I have not been using it. 

I am considering a purchase of SparkLE, but I think the ASC still needs time to bake.  It's not fully cooked yet.  Holding off on new purchases until this is fixed.   ::)

Fortissimo!

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 03:29:51 pm »
Hey guys, it definitely has something to do with the custom installation path and the ASC.

Are you able to fully use Spark 2 anyway ? Or does it ask for activation every time you launch it ? 

I am trying to understand whether this is also causing an activation problem or is just that the ASC think it is not installed yet.

Cheers

Hi Victor:

I do agree that this is path-related.  But the ASC is not yet very sophisticated and the lack of "good" messages and confirmations during the install process leave the user uncertain if Spark 2 is properly activated/registered.  The other products that make up V Collection 4 do appear to be activated/registered, but that's only because the "install" button went away, not because the ASC is very brilliant at its work (because it's not).

I was in a Guitar Center just yesterday and was looking at Spark 2, then afterward visited a nearby pawnshop and saw an original larger size Spark.  Still holding off until this is resolved.

Added Question:  The ASC currently makes the user install each product update individually, forcing us to confirm the Windows UAC prompt plus 8 mouse clicks for each and every product being upgraded.  This is very fussy for the end-user, adds to frustration, and adds to the general sentiment (at least it's my sentiment, shared by some others here) that ASC is not very good.  Really, the current process only adds buttons all in one place, but in the long run it's not much better than just doing manual downloads and running the updater EXEs.

For V Control customers, it would be a lot more convenient if the ASC could have a "Download all" button and an "Install all" (or "Update All") button, and answer only one Windows UAC prompt for all installs.  The addition of this feature alone would finally make the ASC useful to the user community, and might reduce complaints about it. 

EDIT:  Another good alternative would be the option of checkboxes for those users who want to update only certain items but not all.  "Select all" as noted above would still be a good option to have too.

Where can we go to suggest this new capability for the ASC?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:25:29 pm by Fortissimo! »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines