March 29, 2024, 07:19:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CNTRL Mode pads playing wrong midi note  (Read 3051 times)

gizmoismogwai

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
CNTRL Mode pads playing wrong midi note
« on: February 15, 2015, 07:03:51 pm »
Hi all,

I just purchased a Beatstep and I've been having fun with it but I'm noticing strange behavior when I'm trying to set up the midi notes for pads in CNTRL mode.   Essentially my problem is that when I use Mid Control Center to assign a particular midi note value to a pad (like C3 for example), the resulting note that plays is actually 2 octaves lower and a whole step up (so D1 in this case). 

I've been reading the manual and searching the forum for a solution to this but so far nothing makes sense.  There doesn't seem to be any global CNTRL mode override of midi note transposition so I have no idea what's causing this inaccuracy between what I program and what the pad actually plays. 

My first thought was that the large Transpose knob keeps defaulting to a value that pulls my CNTRL midi note down in this way but if that's true how can I set that to default to the actual note value I want?

Please help!

P.S. I'm using Ableton Live 9 on a Mac 10.10.2 and I installed the most recent BeatStep firmware 1.1.0  yesterday right after unboxing. 

TinyVince

• Apprentice
Re: CNTRL Mode pads playing wrong midi note
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 07:08:37 pm »
Hallo

Same prob here. The MCC show me a A1 to example in the menue and Beatstep send C1 to Live9 .
Any ideas or a solutionen to the problem???

Thanks TinyVince

TinyVince

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 07:56:56 pm »
In my case a selfcreatet preset 2 works wrong.But not the factory preset 10. Here was all values correct in MCC and a test in Live9.
If i save 2 to 10 after all same probs here. Crazy    :'(

Guillaume Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 03:29:50 pm »
Hi all,

Sorry to read about the troubles faced and that no one had provided any solution to these.

However, it seems that another user was also recently affected and that these steps seems to have helped him solve this issue :

Before applying these suggestions make sure to first backup your parameters and sequences through the Midi Control Center.

Then, please follow these steps in order to clear the "Device memories".

- Power off your unit, then hold the "Recall" and the "STOP" buttons while powering it ON.

If this doesn't solve your issue, i would suggest you to try a "Factory reset" of your device.

Here's how to proceed :

- Power off your unit, then hold the "Recall" and the "PLAY" buttons while powering it ON.

If this still persists, please proceed with firmware reinstall through the Midi Control Center :

https://www.arturia.com/faq/midicontrolcenter/how-to-update-my-device-firmware

From there give it another try.

I hope that this will help other users affected by the same issue !

Best regards,
Guillaume

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines