March 28, 2024, 10:41:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 5 questions  (Read 2735 times)

kfrm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
5 questions
« on: February 12, 2015, 01:48:48 pm »
first of all this looks promising and if it works as advertised I will definitely buy this! over to some questions

(1) will it also do simple midi/cv stuff for playing my modular in realtime from a simple midi keyboard (not only writing sequences)? if not, consider it a feature request

(2) will it send clock from the midi/DIN/clock outputs even when being sync slave, in example Beatstep Pro being DIN slave, will it at the same time transmit midiclock and DIN or clock out?

(3) do the individual drum trig sequences have separate micro timing, step length (count), division and swing? i.e. can i make patterns where seq on pad 1 is 56 steps and every downbeat is microshifted to the right, seq on pad2 is 17 steps straight, pad 3 is 24 steps shuffled, pad 4 is triplets, etc ..?

(4) will it be able to receive some kind of signal (MIDI, analog pulse, etc) to reset one or all sequences (make them play from the start of the phrase) like on sequencers for modulars?

(5) will you make it in black/minibrute-blue as well? ;)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:30:42 pm by kfrm »

tedopon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: 5 questions
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 03:04:42 pm »
Only a guess based on looking at the pictures, but even though you have 16 drum tracks to program, there are only 8 jacks in the back for drum triggers. Unless it is sending a separate trigger signal to tip and sleeve and you could isolate each separate trigger with a breakout cable (two split mono leads), I would only expect 8 triggers until we hear more.
If it is sending two triggers to each jack, that is awesome.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 03:24:54 pm »
Hi , i don't have the pro yet but there are only 8 drum triggers and they will work with pads 9/16 from what i know .

as to the other question you will have to wait a little longer for me to answer them

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

kfrm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 11:30:30 pm »
the question is not really about the number of triggers, i get that there are 8 analog and the rest are there to trigger stuff over midi i guess .. the question was about individual timing regarding those trigs, as written above ..

guess we'll have to wait and see, but i was hoping some Arturia rep that had or have their hands on one could chip in

larrymon74

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 05:16:17 am »
6) does it come with a pony?   :P

Lu77

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 12:32:38 am »
Sonic States new video says

1) Yes for playing keyboard of selected instrument, looks a bit clumsy though, I'd be using midi in of a real keyboard.
2) I think one of the Sonicstate vids says yes on this, I'm not definite though.
3) Yes for individual step microtiming.
4) I'm wildly guessing, but it's able to be used as a controller, so in theory everything should have a cc number. You can look this up in the manual which was released this week. I'm not sure if you're referring to a transport stop/start or the stutter style loop controlling. I'd think that the device itself would be the ideal place to control the clock for the whole setup, at least in non pro settings. I'll be using it as my main clock, start stop, loop and midi splitting off to the rest of the studio from it.
5) if it's a success and does what it says on the tin, then SE versions seem like a possibility, but black would break with the spark LE look of the line.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines