March 29, 2024, 01:15:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Kind of disappointed in arturia  (Read 5408 times)

yann_

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Kind of disappointed in arturia
« on: January 23, 2015, 01:49:05 pm »
Just bought the beatstep and now they gonna release a new one.
If i only knew...
Sucks
Hardcore
as they probably not gonna improve the 1st beatstep and just leave it for what it is...
Way 2 go Arturia will spend my money on something better in the future than your products...

Major let down!!!

stuey

• Spark Moderator
Re: Kind of disappointed in arturia
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 03:23:59 pm »
I also have just (in the last 6 months) bought a beatstep, luckily discounted by Arturia (Thank you Ben).

I don't mind that I have just got one, this happens all the time with Apple and other manufactures, it's just par for the course. The beatstep is a great little tool, big enough to use, small enough to carry in my laptop bag, it's a cool little tool and i'm not bothered that a new one has been announced, i'll happily carry on using it.

My point is more targeted at the train of thought that follows an idea. In my opinion, this is the 3rd product in a row that has befallen to the same 'jumping the gun' pitfalls. I love these new products and new ideas, it's what keeps things moving forward but having an idea and releasing a product is a tricky thing to get right.   

I feel that if Arturia were to sit on their ideas a bit longer rather than releasing the first idea, then these products would be far more rounded, there would only be one version which would help all manner of things, from support to manufacturer and their customer base would be happier.

Minibrute was released then Microbrute. Options on the Microbrute no available on the original Minibrute were then made available in a MiniBrute SE. I get the difference between Mini and Microbrute but SE? Just release 1 product, wait until you feel an idea is fully formed, then release the idea.

Spark CDM then SparkLE. Sark was the full on monster that had all the whistles but then SparkLE was released to pick up the guys who didn't want to spend £400. Each had it's own software, now Spark 2 is 'Compatible' with the both hardware units.. Support and workflow seems to have sided with the cheaper unit.

Beatstep now beatstep Pro. A great idea released too early in my opinion, now with the pro version things added that didn't make the original. 

It feels like Arturia need to sit on ideas a bit more before funding and releasing them.

Thanks, Stuart   

Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 03:44:43 pm »
Hi stuart , beatstep pro is aimed at all the user that asked for more out of beatstep which in fairness beatstep was never going to be able to do . beatstep pro is twice the price of beatstep ,there was a lot that was learned from beastep like cv/gate needing 10volts on some old gear which beastep could not do . I'm sure that yourself sent in ideas and bug reports which helped the development of the new beatstep.

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 04:07:43 pm »
here was a lot that was learned from beastep like cv/gate needing 10volts on some old gear which beastep could not do
regards

terrym

HI Terry

Exactly... This is the kind of stuff that should really be worked out before the release of a product. Software is a different animal, beta testing can last the life of an application but hardware is a different animal.

It's usually the case that manufacturers release the pro version first then scale a budgeted version down. It seems that this happens in reverse at Arturia, which unfortunately does go to p155 off a lot of users. 

Fair enough, the BS Pro is twice the price and like I say, I'm more than happy using the original BS, but I do wish that their products were sat on a bit longer where the rough spots could be ironed out a bit more.

Cheers, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 03:28:53 am »
I too agree that Arturia should put the brakes on a bit.  I JUST dropped for a beatstep and a week later BAM it's Beatstep Pro!  I'm a Live user I'm looking at a clip controller it would've been nice to have the Pro as an option if I had've known.
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

Thorben2S

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 01:46:27 pm »
I'm sure that yourself sent in ideas and bug reports which helped the development of the new beatstep.

regards

terrym

Terrym,

this is exactly the point that Arturia probably wanted to piss their customers!
They want us for Beta Testers, then they must relaease their Products as "Beta Stuff" and for a quarter of the original price!
We all shall pay the full price for a product that will have never ending bug reports.
Remember: Only the winner takes it all!
Arturia more and more going to be the looser.
At the end the potential customer will give a s... on Arturia products, therefore they just have to check this Forum.
Its a real pain and also a shame for a company like Arturia!
Future Products without a future!

I bought SparkLE in March 2014
Till now it is impossible to use it as they promissed. Major and other Bugs not fixed till now.
What about of a frequently feedback to urgent questions in the Forum.
And what about the next update?

Nothing !!!

And this is exactly what I will do now.
I will spend "Nothing" of my money anymore for an Arturia Product!

End of the Message!

Best regards
Thorben

Cranium

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 03:59:49 am »
Hey everyone- NAMM  happens in the middle of January (more or less).
It has every year for at least 27 years.  I can't confirm any dates before that, as I wasn't there.
At NAMM, manufacturers typically do one of two things:
1. Release new gear.
2. Not release new gear.
it's like clockwork.  If you get bent out of shape easily, like when a company releases a new product with many additional features at a cost that more than twice the street price of the one you just bought (presumably because it fits your needs), then you might consider holding off on January purchases. 

syver

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 10:52:18 am »
To me, the Beatstep has been a major disappointment too.

I expect Arturia to keep improving it, particularly the software.

And I hope Arturia will do the right thing and make it up to us beta testers by offering a discount to Beatstep owners willing to upgrade to the Pro version.

tedopon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 10:30:40 pm »
And I hope Arturia will do the right thing and make it up to us beta testers by offering a discount to Beatstep owners willing to upgrade to the Pro version.
I hope the Easter Bunny brings me an airplane this Valentine's Day.

SoundGoddess

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Breaking the 5th wall to travel faster-than-light!
    • Water Wraith
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 06:38:09 am »
I'm not that upset by it...the pro wouldn't suit my needs since I don't have any vintage hardware to hook it up to.  I see the regular beatstep as a fun little toy to add some sequencer grooves to my music.  The pro seems to be for people who are performing live, which I'm not planning on doing anytime soon.

My SparkLE works fine for the step sequencing, and I think I like it more than I'd like Beatstep Pro.

Now if they combined Spark with Beatstep that would make for an interesting product, but Beatstep Pro seems to bridge the gap between the two products I guess.
Hardware: Keylab 49, MicroBrute, BeatStep, SparkLE, Spark

Software Synths: V-Collection 4 Update, SynthMaster, Massive, Hive, Serum, Enzyme

DAW: Bitwig Studio

Damien2003gt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 12:31:21 am »
I rarely comment on online stupidity but... lol really? What did you want from them? To telepathicly connect with every person in the world that was about to buy a beatstep and let them know something new was coming out. Just sell the beatstep, lose a few $ and buy the pro!

smutek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 03:10:05 am »
I rarely comment on online stupidity but...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines