March 28, 2024, 03:15:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Looking good arturia  (Read 25432 times)

sammahoney

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Looking good arturia
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 09:28:49 pm »
Am I right in presuming that you can connect a newer "USB midi" controller via the hub ports, and control for example an older sound module connected via midi DIN?

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 03:14:45 pm »
I'm not sure, but I did connect my iPad to the Laboratory 49 controller using a Line 6 Midi Mobilizer, and was able to control a piano app on the computer, and I was also able to use the Laboratory 49 controller via the same connectivity play a piano app on the iPad itself, without either being connected to the computer.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Adrien

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 12:51:45 pm »
Am I right in presuming that you can connect a newer "USB midi" controller via the hub ports, and control for example an older sound module connected via midi DIN?
Yes you can, the USB hub is just for that, and because you probably have USB controllers to connect not very far from your AudioInterface. Also as the audiofuse take 1 USB port it is a way to give back some ports.
finally the imoportant thing is that with the power supply it acts as a powered HUB (not like a cheap usb hub)

best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 04:16:30 pm »
Yes you can, the USB hub is just for that, and because you probably have USB controllers to connect not very far from your AudioInterface. Also as the audiofuse take 1 USB port it is a way to give back some ports.
finally the imoportant thing is that with the power supply it acts as a powered HUB (not like a cheap usb hub)

best

For a tiny brief moment I thought "wow, so the hub will work in standalone (i.e. PCless) as a MIDI Bridge between DIN and Class Compliant USB controllers/instruments!?" :D

...but then, reality slapped me in the face with one hand while pointing with the other (hand) at the iConnectivity gadgets that were built for this exact purpose :)

but, would be a cool feature, nonetheless ;)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 12:07:26 pm by Koshdukai »

juanmo3

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2015, 09:17:50 pm »
Hello,
Recently I became really interested in this interface, mainly because it carries all the features I need. I wasn't able to find another interface that meets these requirements:
_ADAT and S/PDIF I/O
_Word Clock I/O
_At least 2 Mic/Line/Inst inputs
_Extra line outputs besides main monitors
_Portable
I require all this because I'd use it to track my band connecting a Focusrite 18i20 via ADAT and an Audient Mico via S/PDIF, to monitor myself and send signals to outboard gear at my home studio, and also for the ocasional trackings/measurements at the field (hence the portability).
All the negative hype I read in other websites and forums can be summarised as "I don't trust Arturia", which is not based on any concrete experience with the actual product. That's why I still consider purchasing this product
However, I was really disappointed to find that Arturia seems not to have started selling this product at all. All I can find are pre-orders. What happened? I can't believe they haven't released it yet, having presented it at Winter NAMM in January...

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2015, 10:17:26 pm »
Hi , Im still waiting to test this but i was told that there was a problem with the production and this has delayed the audio fuse a bit . but i think beta testing starts soon.

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines