March 28, 2024, 07:07:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Looking good arturia  (Read 25434 times)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Looking good arturia
« on: January 22, 2015, 07:33:54 pm »
I look forward to getting my hands on this so much in a small box well done arturia.
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

fpa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Looking good arturia
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 07:45:02 pm »
 Nice indeed! Looks very good. Thumbs up for you Arturia!
 :)

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 12:35:38 am »
A breath of fresh air.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 03:02:57 pm »
I posted in here a few days ago. I gave constructive criticism of the product as well as some extra points about new gear.

My post was not published. Given what has happened in France over the past few weeks I thought we would embrace freedom of speech.

Why was my post not published?

Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Admin

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 02:21:42 pm »
Hi Stuart,

I see none of your posts waiting for approval. Could you please indicate me what was the topic you were talking about?

Simon

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 02:46:52 pm »
Hi Simon

It was just about products that have been recently released and that in my opinion products should be sat on and thought about a bit more before releasing. Things that have been learned from one product's release, then being released as an updated product, but if that idea had more time to grow you may only have to release one product which as you can image, would save a lot of time and hassle, support, money, packaging, meetings, R&D, Testing, Beta Testing etc etc :)

Specifically it was aimed at Beatstep Pro. The original beatstep is a baby, yet you have an updated version of it already.

The Minibrute and Microbrute are different animals, but things added to the later that were not on the Mini, were then bought out as a Minibrute SE.

Spark CDM has now mostly been forgotten about since SparkLE, so much so that you have the same software for both boxes, (Spark 2) even though SparkLE is half the price of the original.

It's great that you are continually coming up with new ideas, that's an amazing thing. But to sit on your ideas just a little bit longer before release would make them a more rounded product and would greatly help any bad press you seem to get on here, not to mention the user experience and the stability of the units :)

Thanks, Stuart 

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:49:09 pm by stuart »
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 05:02:19 pm »
Hi stuart was this post in the screen shot
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 05:43:44 pm »
Yep, it's no big deal. Just wondered why It was not posted :)

Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 05:50:41 pm »
it was posted in free speech  ;)
TerryM

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 11:38:46 pm »
I look forward to getting my hands on this so much in a small box well done arturia.

I'm extremely curious about the Windows driver. Haven't seen any mention about ASIO so I'm starting to fear it's WDM only.

It's obviously important to be have a very well made WDM driver, but ASIO is a must for professional use, since some music apps don't even support audio input beside output unless through ASIO.

And the biggest question is really "how does it sound" of course and it perform at various sample rates, how stable and flexible the bit depth, sample rate and buffer settings are, etc.

Also curious about the Speaker A/B management i.e. if it's a 2 or 4 channel analog-audio out interface.

How are Line/Phono audio inputs 3 and 4 handled, are they soft-selected, mixed, hard-selected i.e. Line overrides Phono when jacked in, etc.

How Inserts fit into the audio path and from where will those FX inserts get the audio source (Speaker B ?)

Many many questions still, even with all the info released but I have a very good feeling about this new product :)

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 12:43:51 am »
I have similar questions, and will be downloading the .pdf manual as soon as it is available.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 12:07:47 pm »
Hi all , i have not got my hands on one yet but looking at the interface on the back you can see there are outputs for 2 sets of speakers  for A/B also there 2 inserts one for each channel (for FX's/outboard) also the phone input 3/4 are shared with the 1/4 inch inputs also labeled 3/4 .when set to line.
Not sure about the drivers yet.

regards

terrym
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:11:25 pm by terrym »
TerryM

Adrien

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2015, 04:38:29 pm »
I'm extremely curious about the Windows driver. Haven't seen any mention about ASIO so I'm starting to fear it's WDM only.

It's obviously important to be have a very well made WDM driver, but ASIO is a must for professional use, since some music apps don't even support audio input beside output unless through ASIO.

Hello, I can assure you it will be ASIO compatible, with a dedicated audio driver to get the best latency on windows.
Although it can also work without driver as it is full audio class compliant.

best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 04:50:55 pm »

Hello, I can assure you it will be ASIO compatible, with a dedicated audio driver to get the best latency on windows.
Although it can also work without driver as it is full audio class compliant.

best
Good to know! (couldn't expect otherwise TBH ;))

Thanks for confirming! :)

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 04:52:00 pm »
I think it is good that both USB and MIDI are included as it will allow you the option of using older gear that is MIDI, but pre-dates USB.
In my case, rather than using the USB on my Line 6 POD HD500X, I can send the Midi Out from the POD through the Audio Fuze to capture midi CC assignments so that I can use the DAW to control my POD's program and controller changes live while it is simultaneously playing backing tracks & the click track.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines