March 29, 2024, 08:05:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audiofuse  (Read 1589 times)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Audiofuse
« on: January 22, 2015, 05:39:32 pm »
So have you had a look at the new audio fuse box ,what do you think?
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: Audiofuse
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 10:04:29 pm »
It looks very promising.  My only question would be if I am able to use it as the interface to replace my UX1 but still able to use POD Farm.
Other than that, I think it looks like a breath of fresh air, and will clean up the surface of the desk nicely.
It just made my shopping list, for sure.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 11:03:35 pm »
Yeah it's nice, I think it's a nice mobile size and good features. I would have liked to have seen actual midi ports rather that those silly breakout cables but that's a minor thing. 

But then you could argue that with USB midi you don't need actual midi as most devices nowadays use USB. I'm not sure I would use it in the studio, I think the form factor is more a mobile device. Plus, although i'm sure they have spent a lot of time on the audio side, they don't have the pedigree yet of someone like Lavry or Lynx.

Not sure i'm totally over the moon about the Beatstep pro mind you. Not that it's a bad unit or a bad idea. It just seems that it's the same thing over again. Arturia have a great idea then they release a product, they then rethink it a bit and release a slightly better product a year or so later.

If, if they were to just hold off on releasing things and wait until the ideas were a little bit more formed, we would have 1 Spark unit, 1 Beatstep & 1 Minibrute unit. (And yes, these are the units I own) There also seems like a fair deal of crossover ideas on each unit.

Anyway, back to the Audiofuse, great little unit.

Stuart
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:06:11 pm by stuart »
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 11:56:22 pm »
It looks slick a hell, but I hope I don't need to buy myself another audio interface anytime soon.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines