0 (0%)
I would write a post and ask other people
0 (0%)
I would stop buying products from this company
0 (0%)
I would hope and pray
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: What would you say and do ?  (Read 1411 times)

PB

What would you say and do ?
« on: January 15, 2015, 02:48:31 pm »
Imagine you are musician.
Imagine one of your main instruments is a synth.
Let's say an Arturia Origin.
Imagine that one day (for instance the 6th of october 2014) this 3 year old instrument just doesn't boot/start anymore.
What would you do ?
Would you write tech support and ask for help the next day ?
Would you expect an answer after a few weeks ?
Would you wait ... lets say 2 months ... to get your synth back repaired ?

I would say yes.

Now imagine you do not get any answers to your questions.
Imagine you have to kick people to get a reaction (which is very unpleasant).
Imagine that you have to find out by your own who in your country is responsible to service your synth (let's say an Arturia Origin)
Imagine that after 1 month your synth is finally sent to the company (let's say Arturia) that produced the synth.
Imagine that after a total of almost 4 months nobody ever answered questions such as: When will I get my synth back ? What is the Problem with my synth ?
Imagine that you then write to the CEO of this company, asking kindly what is going on.
Imagine that he never answers. Not even three weeks later.
Imagine that you never get a proper answer from anyone in the company ... no apologies ... no explanations ... simply nothing

What would say ?
What would you do ?

Dear Reader I'm very interested in your opinion.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:03:11 pm by PB »

waltcollins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: What would you say and do ?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 08:19:56 pm »
Hypothetically, if that happened... I'd be extremely upset with the company.  Did it?

Arturia seem to be very poor at communicating with their customers.  However, this is something that can relatively easily be changed if they only desire to do so.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: What would you say and do ?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 06:32:35 pm »
Phone support would eliminate this problem as delayed outcome would no longer be an issue.
This has and continues to be my main beef with Arturia. 
I understand support tickets, and I do agree that they should be the first form of communication in conflict resolution as it would indeed minimize the amount of inundation by phone for non urgent issues.

For urgent issues, however, I believe that time sensitive issues warrant direct communication with a human body, voice to voice in an effort to resolve the matter effectively, accurately, and quickly as it commicates to the customer that they are indeed important to the vendor.

I worked at Warmoth for a year about 5.5 years ago, and I can relate with the mundane questions that come by the phone, and why some would be hesisant to offer that support, and we addressed far more questions by email than by phone by a large margin, but I remember always being advised to let our customers know that if there is an urgent matter, to pick up the phone and call.  If it can wait, send an email and we'll get to you in the order received.

I've personally called Roland, Alesis, and Line 6 numerous times for urgent issues, and was blessed with the immediate outcome that I needed, and I felt valued as a result.  Rarely, I'll call them just to run an idea by them and find how best to accomplish it, particularly with Line 6 as I tend to push the DSP limits in creative ways with them.  They appreciated the challenging question(s) and passed them along to R&D so that they could take such questions into consideration on future developments.  Everybody benefits.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines