April 16, 2024, 08:19:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to get more drum sounds out of the brute  (Read 2931 times)

TRF

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How to get more drum sounds out of the brute
« on: January 06, 2015, 03:49:52 pm »
I discovered this new way of creating more kinds of drumsounds with the microbrute. I used only the microbrute itself. No processing and no aditional effects. I adjusted some values (oscillators,...) of the brute during play. I played all with hand to keep the deomotrack short. Thats the rason, why the sound demo is not completely perfect. Every key gives a different pitch with this configuration!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjM6VLfcly8

How to make those drums:
At the begin you need to adjust all knobs on your microbrute like on the image and the octave on -2. Patch your Envelope to the pitch (Impoartant!). LFO is not required for basic patch. Try now out all keys to get the best drum. Adjust at the beginning envelope, env. amount, resonance and brute factor for best result. It should sound like the sound at the beginning of this demo.

How the drum sounds can be made and modified:
-Brute factor gives a harder kick at the beginning
-Triangle wave keeps the sound fat and deep
-other waves can be added, but not every combination sounds good.
-pitched envelope gives the most important part of the colour or fading sound after hitting the drum.
-Keep atack low and sustain off, while decay and release should be in similar position (for the first tries). 

One tip: Press only one key in succession to get the feeling of playing drum, otherwise the drum sounds become not nice.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 05:40:59 pm by TRF »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines