April 26, 2024, 10:35:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: forum moderation policy?  (Read 1798 times)

waltcollins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
forum moderation policy?
« on: January 09, 2015, 12:43:41 pm »
I've lurked here for some time, but only recently decided to post, and so created an account last month.  I've only posted 3 messages thus far (this will be my 4th), however, each of them has given me a warning that my message would not be available until reviewed by a moderator.

First of all, let me say that I understand how annoying off-topic spam posts can be for a web forum administrator, having administered forums of my own many times over the years.  I think requiring moderation of an account's initial post or two is fair enough, to prevent bots and spammers.

However, now that you know I'm a real person, and presumably have read my previous posts and found them to be appropriate in content, why are my posts still being moderated?

I find that post moderation inhibits communication, and adds to community "friction".  Especially when troubleshooting product issues.

Furthermore, I've searched the forum help, and other header and footer links, but I can't find any reference to WHAT THE ACTUAL POLICY IS regarding forum post moderation.  Shouldn't this be publicly stated clearly at the top of every forum page?

Thanks in advance for your consideration. :)

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: forum moderation policy?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 03:37:17 pm »
Is it that way for your no matter which section you attempt to post, or only in the "free speech" section?

I've been posting for nearly 2 years, and only recently in the "free speech" section experienced this.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

waltcollins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 11:41:36 am »
I've not tried to post in any other areas of this forum.

This is really a question that I'd hoped Arturia would have addressed.  I did send a private email as well, over a week ago, to the webmaster link in the page header.  I've gotten no response.

Why is Arturia making it difficult for users to discover what the rules are for their forums?

nimajneb

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 05:34:31 pm »
Maybe that's because we don't have enough post...

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 05:47:48 pm »
Could you give it a try now ?
.......testing.......

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 07:37:03 pm »
Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Still appears at the top.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

waltcollins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 07:33:10 pm »
Testing of post moderation... nope.  I'm still being moderated.

"Note: This message is awaiting approval by a moderator. "

BodoBrute

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 03:48:47 pm »
Weird. The same thing happened to me a few minutes ago when I posted a reply to the 'best approach' thread in this subforum. When I replied to the 'filter knob' thread in the 'technical questions' subforum (also just a few minutes ago), however, my answer appeared immediately. Seems to be related to the 'free speech' subforum.

@Mods: If possible, please let me post freely. I am a real person, and when you have a look through what I've written here you'll note everything was polite, ontopic and (at least I hope so) constructive. I'll keep it that way and don't quite like the feeling of needing special hand selceted permission to post ;).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines