March 28, 2024, 02:05:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: incorrect / out of date manual  (Read 4482 times)

musicalbox23

incorrect / out of date manual
« on: January 05, 2015, 10:29:44 pm »
[yes, I'm one of those weirdos that reads manuals - ha ha)

Hi all - newbie to this forum and the Arturia gear. Love this stuff so I'm going in deep and really learning each piece of the V4 collection.

I started (alphabetically) with the 2600V, and it seems that the manual I downloaded is out of date (or, if not, it has a LOT of mistakes in it). Things like:
- Modulation inputs for the filter include "Oscillator3 sine (VCO3 Sin)" - Nope, my software shows VCO 2.
- Pictures of the LFO section of the 1601 are different that what I've got on my software.
- "Connect the sequencer B output to the second modulation input of the filter..." actually shows a picture connected to the 3rd input.

I'm seeing this discrepancies in nearly every section I read, and it's making me wonder; do I even have the right manual?

Here are the details:
Arp 2600 V2
2.6.1 15

Manual is "ARP2600V_Manual_EN" - I can't find any other ver info.

Please share any info you might have. Thank you very much!

Mark Blasquez
Danville CA USA

masi

Re: incorrect / out of date manual
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 03:42:37 pm »
Same here with me. I'm alsio a newbie with the synth collection. The documention is sadly not on par with the plugins. There are factual errors as you point out. And I have stumbled across a few omissions as well. One of them even shows up the edit history (at least when opened in Acrobat Reader DC).

I have started to look for manuals of original hardware to get full information about the synths.  :(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines