March 28, 2024, 05:13:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: switch between minibrute [arpeggiator] and minibrute se [sequencer] using sysex  (Read 20776 times)

bartleby

i know this has already been mentioned in this thread and in this thread, but i think it might be worth a thread of its own:

on his minibrute hacking site, yves has explained how you can easily switch any minibrute between the regular brute's arpeggiator and the se's sequencer just by sending a short sysex string:

Except for the external look, the only difference between a vanilla and a SE depends on a small string of  commands written to the EPROM of the microprocessor. The hardware and the firmware (1.0.3.23 or greater) are the same. Therefore in order to have your machine behaving like a vanilla or SE it's up to you to send a short SysEx command to your MiniBrute. [...]

Vanilla to SE
Here is the SysEx command: F0 00 20 6B 04 01 75 01 3E 01 F7 

SE to vanilla
Here is the SysEx command:  F0 00 20 6B 04 01 46 01 3E 00 F7

apparently, you have to reboot your brute after sending one of those commands, and that's it.
i can't try this myself, as i sold my mini some time ago and got two micros instead - but this might make me get a mini again...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 09:30:37 am by bartleby »

dog01

it works i have already tried it both ways. having sequencer on the mini is great :) next thing to try is to map the sysex commands to a midi control so you could switch in a live situation. thanks arturia and to ever work this out now we just need need midi out support for arp and sequencer and a polybrute 5 voice minum around $1500 please arturia make it so   

Tom_1970

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I am working on a template for TB-Midi Stuff which will in essence be a iPad version of the connection app.
I made buttons with the sysex commands and that worked fine.
I can easily switch to the sequencer and arpeggiator.

alanwiilder91

How can i send sysex file to Minibrute on Win7?

Thanks ;D

ben arturia

• Administrator
Use Midi-OX.
http://www.midiox.com/

Plugin your MiniBrute open MidiOx
Go to Options/MidiDevice
Select your MiniBrute as Input and output
Then go to View/Sysex.
Type your Sysex in the command window then click on Command window menu and click on Send Sysex
Reboot your MiniBrute
.......testing.......

alanwiilder91

geddy

Hello,

I am trying to acquire the sequencer to no avail. I am trying to use SysEx Librarian to send the command to my Minibrute but nothing appears to be happening. I am following this guide:
http://hackabrute.yusynth.net/MINIBRUTE/standard2SE_en.html

My minibrute is connected to my PC through USB and I see the Minibrute appear in the Destination list. When I 'Play' the .syx file, nothing appears to happen, even after re-booting the Minibrute. Can anyone help me please!

Thanks,
Geddy

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
ayo, if you're planning on being able to quickly swap these (I am, gonna save sequences in my mpc for doing so), this might be helpful.

Parameters are labeled as "arpeggiator/sequencer."  Some I altered a bit for clarity (most notably turning 1/4, 1/8, 1/etc, into 4,8,etc)

Should print to the proper dimensions if you print at 100%.  (edit: fixed (edit edit: now fixed))

edit edit edit:  eh, the gate length labels get blocked by the adjacent knob.  oh well.  good enough.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:44:09 pm by beefinator »

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
It appears that I cannot change SE mode via the hardware MIDI ports.

Can anyone verify that this is a limitation of the Brute (similar to how initially the internal parameters were only configurable via USB-Midi CC's)?
The other possibility is that my MPC isn't handling SysEx properly, which could well be the case.

In any event, not a big deal to me, I used the arpeggiator almost entirely in the "bug" hold-arpeggiator-sequencer mode, so that's no big deal to just switch over to the SE-mode with no quick way to switch back.

dog01

Hi Beefinator

I say it MPC not letting SYsEx midi past as i use an old usb to midi/audio interface to send the SysEx to my minibrute and it work fine

so you can change the minibrute to SE mode via just the hardware midi ports on the minibrute. also midi cc that are used to control minibrute internal parameters worked fine for me when i mapped them to midi controller, an old edriol so you don't need to use usb midi for those either 
hope this info is helpful

regards Dog01   

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
Kk, good to know.  I had looked at the MPC's output on a midi monitor, and it did look a bit funky, useful to know that it is in fact the MPC's problem.

The MIDI CC's, yeah, I know they work now via the hardware MIDI jack.  But that wasn't always the case — only the latest firmware allows it.
(the Minibrute connection software apparently has always done CC's over USB-MIDI)

Kloak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Wondering if anyone has been able to go back from the Minibrute hack. I went from the Vanilla to the SE and back once before. But I changed back to SE and now I cannot seem to get the mini brute back to vanilla.

shabbyroad

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Wondering if anyone has been able to go back from the Minibrute hack. I went from the Vanilla to the SE and back once before. But I changed back to SE and now I cannot seem to get the mini brute back to vanilla.

Yes, multiple times.

Thanks Beefinator for that useful printable overlay - going to put that on my MiniBrute SE.   I wish I had graphic skills to create a 'silver' version that I could get professionally printed.

Bernhard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Thanks Beefinator for the overlay!  :)

Yes, works well.

As has been mentioned, you need to reboot (switch off/on) the MiniBrute.

Without rebooting I found that the vanilla to SE did work, but the uploaded sequences weren't used.
After reboot that worked as well.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 12:29:54 pm by Bernhard »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines